Coast Guard, DHS.
Final rule, correction.
The Coast Guard published a document in the Federal Register on March 16, 2009 (74 FR 11196), consolidating regulations concerning the issuance of merchant mariner credentials. That document contained several non-substantive errors, including an improperly worded amendatory instruction. This document corrects those errors.
This final rule is effective August 6, 2009.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have questions on this rule, call Mayte Medina, Coast Guard, telephone 202-372-1406. If you have questions on viewing the docket, call Renee V. Wright, Program Manager, Docket Operations, telephone 202-366-9826.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The document published in the Federal Register on March 16, 2009 (74 FR 11196), contained errors that this document corrects.
We are making the following corrections in part 10. In § 10.109, we are reinserting three STCW endorsements that were erroneously left out of the final rule. In § 10.211, the Coast Guard discussed the date change in the final rule (74 FR 11197). However, when making the date change, we inadvertently missed this instance. In § 10.213, the change in the footnote to Table 12.213(c) is a correction to a cross-reference, which the Coast Guard inadvertently missed when we revised part 10 in the final rule. In § 10.227, we are correcting a similar cross-reference correction. In § 10.235, we are making corrections to clarify the language in that section.
We are making the following corrections in part 11. In § 11.102, we are correcting those sections where material that has been incorporated by reference may be found in part 11. In § 11.104, we are removing redundancy by eliminating definitions that already appear at the beginning of the subchapter in § 10.107. Finally, in the final rule, the amendatory instruction for § 11.601 incorrectly referred to paragraphs (a) through (c) (79 FR 11252). We have included the correct amendatory language here.
None of the above listed corrections are substantive in nature.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects
- Incorporation by reference
- Reporting and recordkeeping requirements
- Transportation Worker Identification Card
For the reasons discussed above, the Coast Guard correctsEnd Amendment Part Start Part
PART 10—MERCHANT MARINER CREDENTIALEnd Part Start Amendment Part
1. The authority citation for part 10 continues to read as follows:End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
2. In § 10.109, add paragraphs (d)(15), (16), and (17) to read as follows:End Amendment Part
(d) * * *
(15) Tankerman PIC.
(16) Tankerman assistant.
(17) Tankerman engineer.
3. In § 10.211(c), remove the words “September 25, 208” and add, in their place, the words “April 15, 2009”.End Amendment Part
4. In § 10.213, in the first footnote of Table 10.213(c), remove the cross-reference “(a)” after the word “paragraph” and add, in its place, the cross-reference “(f)”.End Amendment Part
5. In § 10.227, in paragraph (g)(1), remove the cross-reference “(g)” after the word “paragraph” and add, in its place, the cross-reference “(d)(8)”.End Amendment Part
6. In § 10.235—End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
a. In paragraph (b), in the first and second sentences, after the words “applied for as an original”, add the words “following the procedures of §§ 5.901-5.905 of this subchapter”;End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
b. In paragraph (d), after the words “revoked, the mariner”, remove the words “may apply for” and add, in their place, the words “will be issued”; andEnd Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
c. In paragraph (h), remove the word “non-administrative” and add, in its place, the words “a reason, other than administrative”.End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 11—REQUIREMENTS FOR OFFICER ENDORSEMENTSEnd Part Start Amendment Part
7. The authority citation for part 11 continues to read as follows:End Amendment Part
8. In § 11.102—End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
a. In paragraph (b)(1), remove “11.603;”.End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
b. In paragraph (b)(2), after “11.304,”, add “11.603,”.End Amendment Part
9. Remove and reserve § 11.104.End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
10. Revise § 11.601 to read as follows:End Amendment Part
This subpart provides for endorsement as radio officers for employment on vessels, and for the issue of STCW endorsements for those qualified to serve as radio operators on vessels subject to the provisions on the Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS) of Chapter IV of SOLAS. SOLAS is available from the International Maritime Organization (IMO), 4 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7SR, England, telephone: +44 (0)20 7735 7611, http://www.imo.org.
Dated: July 30, 2009.
Stefan G. Venckus,
Chief, Office of Regulations and Administrative Law, United States Coast Guard.
[FR Doc. E9-18747 Filed 8-5-09; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4910-15-P