Department of Defense (DoD), General Services Administration (GSA), and National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
The Civilian Agency Acquisition Council and the Defense Acquisition Regulations Council (Councils) are issuing a final rule to amend the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) to reflect that FedTeDS capabilities have been incorporated into the Governmentwide Point of Entry (GPE). References to FedTeDS are amended to reflect the GPE i.e., FedBizOpps system.
Effective Date: September 10, 2009.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
For clarification of content, contact Mr. Ed Loeb, Director, Contract Policy Division at (202) 501-0650. For information pertaining to status or publication schedules, contact the Regulatory Secretariat at (202) 501-4755. Please cite FAC 2005-36, FAR case 2008-038.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The Federal Technical Data Solution (FedTeDS) is the system that was used for the past several years to post on-line technical data packages and other items associated with solicitations that required some level of access control. It was interfaced directly with the Governmentwide Point of Entry (GPE) i.e., FedBizOpps system. In April 2008, a new version of the GPE was launched. This version incorporated the capabilities of FedTeDS, thereby allowing FedTeDS to be retired. FAR Sections 5.102, 5.207 and 7.105 will be amended to (1) remove all references to FedTeDS and refer to the enhanced controls of the GPE, (2) address technical data availability via GPE in lieu of FedTeDS, and (3) substitute GPE in lieu of FedTeDS in references to acquisition plans.
This is not a significant regulatory action and, therefore, was not subject to review under Section 6(b) of Executive Order 12866, Regulatory Planning and Review, dated September 30, 1993. This rule is not a major rule under 5 U.S.C. 804.
B. Regulatory Flexibility Act
The Regulatory Flexibility Act does not apply to this rule. This final rule does not constitute a significant FAR revision within the meaning of FAR 1.501 and Public Law 98-577, and publication for public comments is not required. However, the Councils will consider comments from small entities concerning the affected FAR Parts 5 and 7 in accordance with 5 U.S.C. 610. Interested parties must submit such comments separately and should cite 5 U.S.C. 601, et seq. (FAC 2005-36, FAR case 2008-038), in all correspondence.
C. Paperwork Reduction Act
The Paperwork Reduction Act does not apply because the final rule does not contain any information collection requirements that require the approval of the Office of Management and Budget under 44 U.S.C. 3501, et seq.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects in 48 CFR Parts 5 and 7End List of Subjects Start Signature
Dated: August 4, 2009.
Director, Office of Acquisition Policy.
Therefore, DoD, GSA, and NASA amendEnd Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
1. The authority citation forEnd Amendment Part Start Part Start Printed Page 40460
PART 5—PUBLICIZING CONTRACT ACTIONSEnd Part Start Amendment Part
2. Amend section 5.102 by—End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
a. Revising paragraph (a)(4) and the introductory text of paragraph (a)(5);End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
b. Removing paragraph (a)(5)(iii); andEnd Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
c. Redesignating paragraph (a)(5)(iv) as (a)(5)(iii).End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
The revised text reads as follows:End Amendment Part
(a) * * *
(4) When an agency determines that a solicitation contains information that requires additional controls to monitor access and distribution (e.g., technical data, specifications, maps, building designs, schedules, etc.), the information shall be made available through the enhanced controls of the GPE, unless an exception in paragraph (a)(5) of this section applies. The GPE meets the synopsis and advertising requirements of this part.
(5) The contracting officer need not make a solicitation available through the GPE as required in paragraph (a)(4) of this section, when—
3. Amend section 5.207 by removing from paragraph (c)(18) “FedTeDSEnd Amendment Part Start Part
PART 7—ACQUISITION PLANNINGEnd Part
4. Amend section 7.105 by removing from paragraph (b)(15) “Federal Technical Data Solution (FedTeDS)” and adding “enhanced controls of the GPE atEnd Amendment Part End Supplemental Information
[FR Doc. E9-19162 Filed 8-10-09; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6820-EP-S