Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), Treasury.
Notice and request for comment.
The OCC, as part of its continuing effort to reduce paperwork and respondent burden, invites the general public and other Federal Start Printed Page 41190agencies to take this opportunity to comment on a continuing information collection, as required by the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. An agency may not conduct or sponsor, and a respondent is not required to respond to, an information collection unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number. The OCC is soliciting comment concerning its information collection titled, “Bank Activities and Operations.” The OCC also gives notice that it has sent the information collection to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB).
You should submit written comments by September 14, 2009.
Communications Division, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Mailstop 2-3, Attention: 1557-0204, 250 E Street, SW., Washington, DC 20219. In addition, comments may be sent by fax to (202) 874-5274, or by electronic mail to email@example.com. You may personally inspect and photocopy comments at the OCC, 250 E Street, SW., Washington, DC. For security reasons, the OCC requires that visitors make an appointment to inspect comments. You may do so by calling (202) 874-4700. Upon arrival, visitors will be required to present valid government-issued photo identification and to submit to security screening in order to inspect and photocopy comments.
Additionally, you should send a copy of your comments to OCC Desk Officer, 1557-0204, by mail to U.S. Office of Management and Budget, 725 17th Street, NW., #10235, Washington, DC 20503, or by fax to (202) 395-6974.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
You can request additional information or a copy of the collection from Mary H. Gottlieb, OCC Clearance Officer, (202) 874-5090, Legislative and Regulatory Activities Division, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, 250 E Street, SW., Washington, DC 20219.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The OCC is proposing to extend OMB approval, without change, of the following information collection:
Title: Bank Activities and Operations—12 CFR 7.
OMB Control No.: 1557-0204.
Description: This submission covers an existing regulation and involves no change to the regulation or to the information collection requirements. The OCC requests only that OMB extend its approval of the information collection.
The information collection requirements ensure that national banks conduct their operations in a safe and sound manner and in accordance with applicable Federal banking statutes and regulations. The information is necessary for regulatory and examination purposes.
The information collection requirements in part 7 are as follows:
- 12 CFR 7.1000(d)(1) (National bank ownership of property—Lease financing of public facilities): National bank lease agreements must provide that the lessee will become the owner of the building or facility upon the expiration of the lease.
- 12 CFR 7.1014 (Sale of money orders at non-banking outlets): A national bank may designate bonded agents to sell the bank's money orders at non-banking outlets. The responsibility of both the bank and its agent should be defined in a written agreement setting forth the duties of both parties and providing for remuneration of the agent.
- 12 CFR 7.2000(b) (Corporate governance procedures—Other sources of guidance): A national bank shall designate in its bylaws the body of law selected for its corporate governance procedures.
- 12 CFR 7.2004 (Honorary directors or advisory boards): Any listing of a national bank's honorary or advisory directors must distinguish between them and the bank's board of directors or indicate their advisory status.
- 12 CFR 7.2014(b) (Indemnification of institution-affiliated parties—Administrative proceeding or civil actions not initiated by a Federal banking agency): A national bank shall designate in its bylaws the body of law selected for making indemnification payments.
- 12 CFR 7.2024(a) (Staggered terms for national bank directors): Any national bank may adopt bylaws that provide for staggering the terms of its directors. National banks shall provide the OCC with copies of any bylaws so amended.
- 12 CFR 7.2024(c) (Size of bank board): A national bank seeking to increase the number of its directors must notify the OCC any time the proposed size would exceed 25 directors.
Type of Review: Extension of a currently approved collection.
Affected Public: Businesses or other for-profit.
Estimated Number of Respondents: 1,300.
Estimated Total Annual Responses: 1,300.
Estimated Total Annual Burden: 418 hours.
Frequency of Response: On occasion.
The OCC issued a 60-day notice for comment on May 8, 2009. 74 FR 21739. No comments were received. Comments continue to be invited on:
(a) Whether the collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information has practical utility;
(b) The accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the collection of information;
(c) Ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected;
(d) Ways to minimize the burden of the collection on respondents, including through the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology; and
(e) Estimates of capital or startup costs and costs of operation, maintenance, and purchase of services to provide information.Start Signature
Dated: August 10, 2009.
Assistant Director, Legislative and Regulatory Activities Division.
[FR Doc. E9-19477 Filed 8-13-09; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4810-33-P