Corporation for National and Community Service.
The Corporation for National and Community Service (hereinafter the “Corporation”), has submitted a public information collection request (ICR) entitled the Application Instructions for State Administrative Funds, Program Development Assistance and Training, and Disability Placement to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, Public Law 104-13, (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). Copies of this ICR, with applicable supporting documentation, may be obtained by calling the Corporation for National and Community Service, Ms. Amy Borgstrom at (202) 606-6930. Individuals who use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TTY-TDD) may call (202) 565-2799 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. eastern time, Monday through Friday.
Comments may be submitted, identified by the title of the information collection activity, to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attn: Ms. Katherine Astrich, OMB Desk Officer for the Corporation for National and Community Service, by any of the following two methods within 30 days from the date of publication in this Federal Register:
(1) By fax to: (202) 395-6974, Attention: Ms. Sharon Mar, OMB Desk Officer for the Corporation for National and Community Service; and
(2) Electronically by e-mail to: email@example.com.End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The OMB is particularly interested in comments which:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Corporation, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Propose ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Propose ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses.
A 60-day public comment Notice was published in the Federal Register on July 8, 2009. This comment period ended September 8, 2009. One public comment was received from this Notice. The commenter made suggestions for minor edits, and requested additional guidance on the provision in the Serve America Act which requires making recommendations to their State agency on aging. The commenter also requested clarification and additional guidance on how to implement the Serve America Act provision will requires Disability funding to be used to provide reasonable accommodation to Senior Corps and Learn and Serve America grantees as well as AmeriCorps State and National grantees. The Corporation will provide additional clarification and guidance in both respects.
Description: The Corporation is seeking approval of the Application Instructions for State Administrative Funds, Program Development Assistance and Training, and Disability Placement which will be used by State commissions to apply for funds to support activities related to administration, training, and access for people with disabilities.
Type of Review: Renewal.
Agency: Corporation for National and Community Service.
Title: Application Instructions for State Administrative Funds, Program Development Assistance and Training, and Disability Placement.
OMB Number: 3049-0099.
Agency Number: None.
Affected Public: State commissions.
Total Respondents: 54.
Frequency: Every three (3) years.
Average Time per Response: 24 hours.
Estimated Total Burden Hours: 1296 hours.
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): None.
Total Burden Cost (operating/maintenance): None.Start Signature
Dated: September 9, 2009.
Director, AmeriCorps State and National.
[FR Doc. E9-22130 Filed 9-14-09; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6050-$$-P