National Indian Gaming Commission.
Final rule; delay of effective date.
The National Indian Gaming Commission (“NIGC”) announces the extension of the effective date on the final rule for Minimum Internal Control Standards for Class II Gaming. The final rule was published in the Federal Register on October 10, 2008. The Commission has changed the effective date for the amendments to §§ 542.7 and 542.16 as well as the date for operations to implement tribal internal controls found in 543.3(c)(3) to October 13, 2010, in order to extend the transition time.
Effective Date: The effective date for the amendments to §§ 542.7 and 542.16 for the final rule published October 10, 2008, at 73 FR 60492, is delayed from October 13, 2009, until October 13, 2010. The effective date for the amendment to § 543.3(c)(3) is October 9, 2009.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
John R. Hay, Attorney, Office of General Counsel, at (202) 632-7003; fax (202) 632-7066 (not toll-free numbers).End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Congress established the National Indian Gaming Commission under the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act of 1988 (25 U.S.C. 2701-21) (“IGRA”) to regulate gaming on Indian lands. The NIGC issued a final rule that superseded specified sections of established Minimum Internal Control Standards and replaced them with a new part titled Minimum Internal Control Standards Class II Gaming, that was published in the Federal Register on October 10, 2008 (73 FR 60492). The final rule provided an effective date for amendments to §§ 542.7 and 542.16 of October 13, 2009. The NIGC is extending the effective date for these amendments to October 13, 2010. The rule at § 543.3(c)(3) also set a deadline of within six months of the date the tribal gaming regulatory authorities' enactment of tribal internal controls for tribal operators to come into compliance with tribal internal controls. This deadline has likewise been extended to October 13, 2010.Start List of Subjects Start Printed Page 52139
List of Subjects in 25 CFR Part 543
- Administrative practice and procedure
- Reporting and recordkeeping requirements
For the reasons set forth in the preamble, under the authority atEnd Amendment Part Start Part
PART 543—MINIMUM INTERNAL CONTROL STANDARDS FOR CLASS II GAMINGEnd Part Start Amendment Part
1. The authority citation for Part 543 continues to read as follows:End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
2. Section 543.3 is amended by revising paragraph (c)(3) to read as follows:End Amendment Part
(c) * * *
(3) Establish a deadline, no later than October 13, 2010, by which a gaming operation must come into compliance with the tribal internal control standards. However, the tribal gaming regulatory authority may extend the deadline by six months if written notice citing justification is provided to the Commission no later than two weeks before the deadline.
Dated: October 5, 2009.
George T. Skibine,
Norman H. DesRosiers,
[FR Doc. E9-24434 Filed 10-8-09; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7565-01-P