U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of pending NRC action to submit an information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC invites public comment about our intention to request the OMB's approval for renewal of an existing information collection that is summarized below. We are required to publish this notice in the Federal Register under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35).
Information pertaining to the requirement to be submitted:
1. The title of the information collection: NRC Form 664, General Licensee Registration;
2. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0198;
3. How often the collection is required: Annually;
4. Who is required or asked to report: General Licensees of the NRC who possess certain generally licensed devices subject to annual registration authorized pursuant to 10 CFR 31.5.
5. The number of annual respondents: 840
6. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 280 hours annually (840 respondents x 20 minutes per form).
7. Abstract: NRC Form 664 is used by NRC general licensees to make reports regarding certain generally licensed devices subject to annual registration. The registration program allows NRC to better track general licensees, so that they can be contacted or inspected as necessary, and to make sure that generally licensed devices can be Start Printed Page 57350identified even if lost or damaged. Also, the registration program ensures that general licensees are aware of and understand the requirements for the possession, use and disposal of devices containing byproduct material. Greater awareness helps to ensure that general licensees will comply with the regulatory requirements for proper handling and disposal of generally licensed devices and would reduce the potential for incidents that could result in unnecessary radiation exposure to the public and contamination of property.
Submit, by January 4, 2010, comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology.
A copy of the draft supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, Maryland 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice. Comments submitted in writing or in electronic form will be made available for public inspection. Because your comments will not be edited to remove any identifying or contact information, the NRC cautions you against including any information in your submission that you do not want to be publicly disclosed. Comments submitted should reference Docket No. NRC-2009-0454.
You may submit your comments by any of the following methods. Electronic comments: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket No. NRC-2009-0454. Mail comments to the NRC Clearance Officer, Tremaine Donnell (T-5F52), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001. Questions about the information collection requirements may be directed to the NRC Clearance Officer, Tremaine Donnell, (T-5F52), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001, by telephone at 301-415-6258, or by e-mail to INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@NRC.GOV.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 30th day of October 2009.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission,
Acting NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. E9-26686 Filed 11-4-09; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P