Department of Defense (DoD), General Services Administration (GSA), and National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
This document makes amendments to the Federal Acquisition Regulation in order to make editorial changes.
Effective Date: December 10, 2009.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
The Regulatory Secretariat, 1800 F Street, Start Printed Page 65615NW., Room 4041, Washington, DC, 20405, (202) 501-4755, for information pertaining to status or publication schedules. Please cite FAC 2005-38, Technical Amendments.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
This document makes amendments to the Federal Acquisition Regulation in order to make editorial changes.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects in 48 CFR Parts 6, 8, 15, and 52End List of Subjects Start Signature
Dated: November 30, 2009.
Director, Acquisition Policy Division.
Therefore, DoD, GSA, and NASA amendEnd Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
1. The authority citation forEnd Amendment Part Start Part
PART 6—COMPETITION REQUIREMENTSEnd Part Start Amendment Part
2. Amend section 6.302-2 by revising paragraph (d) to read as follows:End Amendment Part
(d) Period of Performance. (1) The total period of performance of a contract awarded using this authority—
(i) May not exceed the time necessary—
(A) To meet the unusual and compelling requirements of the work to be performed under the contract; and
(B) For the agency to enter into another contract for the required goods and services through the use of competitive procedures; and
(ii) May not exceed one year unless the head of the agency entering into the contract determines that exceptional circumstances apply.
(2) The requirements in paragraph (d)(1) of this section shall apply to any contract in an amount greater than the simplified acquisition threshold.
(3) The determination of exceptional circumstances is in addition to the approval of the justification in 6.304.
(4) The determination may be made after contract award when making the determination prior to award would unreasonably delay the acquisition.Start Part
PART 8—REQUIRED SOURCES OF SUPPLIES AND SERVCESEnd Part
3. Amend section 8.703 by removing “End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 15—CONTRACTING BY NEGOTIATIONEnd Part
4. Amend section 15.305 by removing from paragraph (a)(5) “15.304(c)(3)(iii)” and adding “15.304(c)(3)(ii)” in its place.End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 52—SOLICITATION PROVISIONS AND CONTRACT CLAUSESEnd Part
5. Amend section 52.209-6 by removing from the introductory paragraph “9.409(b)” and adding “9.409” in its place.End Amendment Part
6. Amend section 52.212-5, in Alternate I, by removing “12.301(b)(4)” and adding “12.301(b)(4)(i)” in its place.End Amendment Part End Supplemental Information
[FR Doc. E9-28937 Filed 12-9-09; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6820-EP-S