30-Day notice of information collection under review: Transactions Among Licensees/Permittees, Limited.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 74n, Number 200, page 53513 on October 19, 2009, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until January 20, 2010. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the items contained in this notice, especially the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20503. Additionally, comments may be submitted to OMB via facsimile to (202) 395-5806.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Transactions Among Licensees/Permittees, Limited.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: None. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for-profit. Other: None. Abstract: A licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer may distribute explosive materials to a holder of a limited permit if the holder of such permit is a resident of the same State in which the licensee's business premise is located. A holder of a limited permit may receive explosive materials on no more than 6 separate occasions during the one-year period of the permit. A holder of a user permit may dispose of surplus stocks of explosive materials to the holder of a limited permit who is a resident of the same State in which the premises of the holder of the user permit are located. A licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer or permittee, must, prior to delivering the explosive materials, obtain from the limited permittee a current list of the persons who are authorized to accept Start Printed Page 67902delivers of the explosive materials on behalf of the limited permittee.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: There will be an estimated 50,000 respondents, who will complete the form within approximately 30 minutes.
(6) An estimate of the total burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 25,000 total burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Lynn Bryant, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Policy and Planning Staff, Justice Management Division, Suite 1600, Patrick Henry Building, 601 D Street, NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: December 15, 2009.
Department Clearance Officer, PRA, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. E9-30314 Filed 12-18-09; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P