Corporation for National and Community Service.
The Corporation for National and Community Service (hereinafter the “Corporation”), as part of its continuing effort to reduce paperwork and respondent burden, conducts a pre-clearance consultation program to provide the general public and Federal agencies with an opportunity to comment on proposed and/or continuing collections of information in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (PRA95) (44 U.S.C. Sec. 3506(c)(2)(A)). This program helps to ensure that requested data can be provided in the desired format, reporting burden (time and financial resources) is minimized, collection instruments are clearly understood, and the impact of collection requirement on respondents can be properly assessed.
Currently, the Corporation is soliciting comments concerning its proposed renewal of its Learn and Serve America Progress Report. These reports must be completed by all Learn and Serve America grantees in order to ensure appropriate Federal oversight, determine progress toward meeting program objectives and make decisions related to continuation funding.
Learn and Serve America provides grants to state education agencies, higher education institutions, tribes, and U.S. Territories, national nonprofits and state commissions on nation and community service to implement service-learning programs. To ensure appropriate oversight of Federal funds, Learn and Serve America requires all grant recipients to submit Progress Reports describing grant activities and progress toward approved program objectives. Information received from the reports informs continuation funding decisions and how to target training and technical assistance.
Copies of the information collection requests can be obtained by contacting the office listed in the addresses section of this notice.
Written comments must be submitted to the individual and office listed in the ADDRESSES section by February 22, 2010.
You may submit comments, identified by the title of the information collection activity, by any of the following methods:
(1) By mail sent to: Corporation for National and Community Service, Learn and Serve America; Attention Meredith Archer Hatch, Program Coordinator for Knowledge Management, Room 9613-C; 1201 New York Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20525.
(2) By hand delivery or by courier to the Corporation's mailroom at Room 8100 at the mail address given in paragraph (1) above, between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays.
(3) By fax to: (202) 606-3477, Attention: Meredith Archer Hatch, Program Coordinator for Knowledge Management.
(4) Electronically through the Corporation's e-mail address system email@example.com. Individuals who use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TTY-TDD) may call (202) 606-3472 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. eastern time, Monday through Friday.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Meredith Archer Hatch, (202) 606-7513, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The Corporation is particularly interested in comments that:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Corporation, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are expected to respond, including the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology (e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses).
Learn and Serve America grantees provide performance information in their progress report. The information is collected electronically via the eGrants system.
The Corporation seeks to renew the current information collection. The narratives section has been clarified by dividing narrative questions into distinct parts. The information collection will otherwise be used in the same manner as the existing application. The Corporation also seeks to continue using the current application until the revised application is approved by OMB. The current application is due to expire on 5/31/10.
Type of Review: Renewal.
Agency: Corporation for National and Community Service.
Title: Learn and Serve America Progress Report.
OMB Number: 3045-0089.
Agency Number: None.
Affected Public: State and Local Government, Not-for-profit institutions.
Total Respondents: 175.
Frequency: Twice Annually.
Average Time per Response: Averages 2 hours.
Estimated Total Burden Hours: 700 (annual).
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): None.
Total Burden Cost (operating/maintenance): None.
Comments submitted in response to this notice will be summarized and/or included in the request for Office of Management and Budget approval of the information collection request; they will also become a matter of public record.Start Signature
Dated: December 17, 2009.
Elson B. Nash,
Acting Director, Learn and Serve America.
[FR Doc. E9-30559 Filed 12-23-09; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6050-$$-P