Department of Energy.
Notice of open meeting.
This notice announces a meeting of the Environmental Management Site-Specific Advisory Board (EM SSAB), Hanford. The Federal Advisory Committee Act (Pub. L. 92-463, 86 Stat. 770) requires that public notice of this meeting be announced in the Federal Register.
Thursday, February 4, 2010—9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Friday, February 5, 2010—8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
Red Lion Hotel, 1101 North Columbia Center Boulevard, Kennewick, WA 99336.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Paula Call, Federal Coordinator, Department of Energy Richland Operations Office, 825 Jadwin Avenue, P.O. Box 550, A7-75, Richland, WA 99352; Phone: (509) 376-2048; or E-mail: Paula_K_Call@rl.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Purpose of the Board: The purpose of the Board is to make recommendations to DOE-EM and site management in the areas of environmental restoration, waste management, and related activities.
- Agency Updates, including progress on the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (Department of Energy Office of River Protection [ORP] and Richland Operations Office; Washington State Department of Ecology; U.S. Environmental Protection Agency [EPA])
- Committee Updates, including: Tank Waste Committee; River and Plateau Committee; Health, Safety and Environmental Protection Committee; Public Involvement Committee; and Budgets and Contracts Committee
- Long-term Stewardship Presentation (Jay Pendegrass, Environmental Law Institute, and Mike Bellot, EPA)
- ORP System Plan Revision 4
- Mission Support Alliance Contract Overview
- Draft Tank Closure and Waste Management Environmental Impact Statement
- Process for Review of Agency Response to Board Advice
- Potential Board Advice/Letters
- Board Business
Public Participation: The meeting is open to the public. The EM SSAB, Hanford, welcomes the attendance of the public at its advisory committee meetings and will make every effort to accommodate persons with physical disabilities or special needs. If you require special accommodations due to a disability, please contact Paula Call at least seven days in advance of the meeting at the phone number listed above. Written statements may be filed with the Board either before or after the meeting. Individuals who wish to make oral statements pertaining to agenda items should contact Paula Call at the address or telephone number listed above. Requests must be received five days prior to the meeting and reasonable provision will be made to include the presentation in the agenda. The Deputy Designated Federal Officer is empowered to conduct the meeting in a fashion that will facilitate the orderly conduct of business. Individuals wishing to make public comments will be provided a maximum of five minutes to present their comments.
Minutes: Minutes will be available by writing or calling Paula Call's office at Start Printed Page 2860the address or phone number listed above. Minutes will also be available at the following Web site: http://www.hanford.gov/?page=413&parent=397.Start Signature
Issued at Washington, DC on January 8, 2010.
Deputy Committee Management Officer.
[FR Doc. 2010-568 Filed 1-15-10; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6450-01-P