Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), DOT.
Notice of limitation on claims for judicial review of actions by the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans), pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327.
The FHWA, on behalf of Caltrans, is issuing this notice to announce actions taken by Caltrans that are final within the meaning of 23 U.S.C. 139(l)(1). The actions relate to a proposed highway project, State Route 28 between State Route 267 and Chipmunk Street in the community of Kings Beach, in the County of Placer, State of California. Those actions grant licenses, permits, and approvals for the project.
By this notice, the FHWA, on behalf of Caltrans, is advising the public of final agency actions subject to 23 U.S.C. 139(l)(1). A claim seeking judicial review of the Federal agency actions on the highway project will be barred unless the claim is filed on or before October 6, 2010 . If the Federal law that authorizes judicial review of a claim provides a time period of less than 180 days for filing such claim, then that shorter time period still applies.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Jody Brown, Caltrans Senior Environmental Planner, 2800 Gateway Oaks Drive, Sacramento, CA 95833 or call (916) 274-5908 or e-mail email@example.com.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Effective July 1, 2007, the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) assigned, and the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) assumed environmental responsibilities for this project pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327. Notice is hereby given that the Caltrans has taken final agency actions subject to 23 U.S.C. 139(l)(1) by issuing licenses, permits, and approvals for the following highway project in the State of California: Caltrans proposes to improve bicycle and pedestrian circulation, implement streetscape elements, and meet water quality needs within the Kings Beach Commercial Core area. The actions by the Federal agencies, and the laws under which such actions were taken, are described in the Environmental Assessment (EA) for the project, approved on May 16, 2008, in the Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI) issued on March 26, 2010, and in other documents in the FHWA project records. The EA, FONSI, and other project records are available by contacting Caltrans at the addresses provided above. The Caltrans EA and FONSI can be viewed and downloaded from the Placer County Web site at http://www.placer.ca.gov/Departments/Works/Projects/KingsBeach/KingsBeachCurrentUpdate.aspx.
This notice applies to all Federal agency decisions as of the issuance date of this notice and all laws under which such actions were taken, including but not limited to:Start Printed Page 18254
2. Air: Clean Air Act [42 U.S.C. 7401-7671(q)].
4. Historic and Cultural Resources: Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966, as amended [16 U.S.C. 470]; Section 4(f) of the U.S. Department of Transportation Act of 1966 [49 U.S.C. 303].
5. Social and Economic: Civil Rights Act of 1964 [42 U.S.C. 2000(d)-2000(d)(1)]; Farmland Protection Policy Act (FPPA) [7 U.S.C. 4201-4209]; Federal Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Policies Act of 1970, as amended.
6. Hazardous Materials: Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), 42 U.S.C. 9601-9675.
7. Wetlands and Water Resources: Clean Water Act [33 U.S.C. 1344].
8. Executive Orders: E.O. 11990 Protection of Wetlands; E.O. 11988 Floodplain Management: E.O. 12898 Federal Actions to Address Environmental Justice in Minority Populations and Low Income Populations.
(Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance Program Number 20.205, Highway Planning and Construction. The regulations implementing Executive Order 12372 regarding intergovernmental consultation on Federal programs and activities apply to this program.)Start Signature
Issued on: April 5, 2010.
Director, Structures, Federal Highway Administration, Sacramento, California.
[FR Doc. 2010-8101 Filed 4-8-10; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4910-RY-P