This site displays a prototype of a “Web 2.0” version of the daily Federal Register. It is not an official legal edition of the Federal Register, and does not replace the official print version or the official electronic version on GPO’s govinfo.gov.
The documents posted on this site are XML renditions of published Federal Register documents. Each document posted on the site includes a link to the corresponding official PDF file on govinfo.gov. This prototype edition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov will remain an unofficial informational resource until the Administrative Committee of the Federal Register (ACFR) issues a regulation granting it official legal status. For complete information about, and access to, our official publications and services, go to About the Federal Register on NARA's archives.gov.
The OFR/GPO partnership is committed to presenting accurate and reliable regulatory information on FederalRegister.gov with the objective of establishing the XML-based Federal Register as an ACFR-sanctioned publication in the future. While every effort has been made to ensure that the material on FederalRegister.gov is accurately displayed, consistent with the official SGML-based PDF version on govinfo.gov, those relying on it for legal research should verify their results against an official edition of the Federal Register. Until the ACFR grants it official status, the XML rendition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov does not provide legal notice to the public or judicial notice to the courts.
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
This notice announces receipt of applications to register new uses for pesticide products containing currently registered active ingredients, pursuant to the provisions of section 3(c) of the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), as amended. EPA is publishing this Notice of such applications, pursuant to section 3(c)(4) of FIFRA.
Comments must be received on or before May 21, 2010.
Submit your comments, identified by docket identification (ID) number specified within the table below, by one of the following methods:
- Federal eRulemaking Portal: http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the on-line instructions for submitting comments.
- Mail: Office of Pesticide Programs (OPP) Regulatory Public Docket (7502P), Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460-0001.
- Delivery: OPP Regulatory Public Docket (7502P), Environmental Protection Agency, Rm. S-4400, One Potomac Yard (South Bldg.), 2777 S. Crystal Dr., Arlington, VA. Deliveries are only accepted during the Docket Facility’s normal hours of operation (8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays). Special arrangements should be made for deliveries of boxed information. The Docket Facility telephone number is (703) 305-5805.
Instructions: Direct your comments to docket ID number specified for the pesticide of interest as shown in the registration application summaries. EPA's policy is that all comments received will be included in the docket without change and may be made available on-line at http://www.regulations.gov, including any personal information provided, unless the comment includes information claimed to be Confidential Business Information (CBI) or other information whose disclosure is restricted by statute. Do not submit information that you consider to be CBI or otherwise protected through regulations.gov or e-mail. The regulations.gov Web site is an “anonymous access” system, which means EPA will not know your identity or contact information unless you provide it in the body of your comment. If you send an e-mail comment directly to EPA without going through regulations.gov, your e-mail address will be automatically captured and included as part of the comment that is placed in the docket and made available on the Internet. If you submit an electronic comment, EPA recommends that you include your name and other contact information in the body of your comment and with any disk or CD-ROM you submit. If EPA cannot read your comment due to technical difficulties and cannot contact you for clarification, EPA may not be able to consider your comment. Electronic files should avoid the use of special characters, any form of encryption, and be free of any defects or viruses.
Docket: All documents in the docket are listed in the docket index available at http://www.regulations.gov. Although listed in the index, some information is not publicly available, e.g., CBI or other information whose disclosure is restricted by statute. Certain other material, such as copyrighted material, is not placed on the Internet and will be publicly available only in hard copy form. Publicly available docket materials are available either in the electronic docket at http://www.regulations.gov, or, if only available in hard copy, at the OPP Regulatory Public Docket in Rm. S-4400, One Potomac Yard (South Bldg.), 2777 S. Crystal Dr., Arlington, VA. The hours of operation of this Docket Facility are from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The Docket Facility telephone number is (703) 305-5805.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
A contact person, with telephone number and e-mail address, is listed at the end of each registration application summary. You may also reach each contact person by mail at Registration Division (7505P), Office of Pesticide Programs, Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460-0001.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
I. General Information
A. Does this Action Apply to Me?
You may be potentially affected by this action if you are an agricultural producer, food manufacturer, or pesticide manufacturer. Potentially affected entities may include, but are not limited to:
- Crop production (NAICS code 111).
- Animal production (NAICS code 112).
- Food manufacturing (NAICS code 311).
- Pesticide manufacturing (NAICS code 32532).
This listing is not intended to be exhaustive, but rather provides a guide for readers regarding entities likely to be affected by this action. Other types of entities not listed in this unit could also be affected. The North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) codes have been provided to assist you and others in determining whether this action might apply to certain entities. If you have any questions regarding the applicability of this action to a particular entity, consult the person listed under FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT.
B. What Should I Consider as I Prepare My Comments for EPA?
1. Submitting CBI. Do not submit this information to EPA through regulations.gov or e-mail. Clearly mark the part or all of the information that you claim to be CBI. For CBI information in a disk or CD-ROM that you mail to EPA, mark the outside of the disk or CD-ROM as CBI and then identify electronically within the disk or CD-ROM the specific information that is claimed as CBI. In addition to one complete version of the comment that includes information claimed as CBI, a copy of the comment that does not contain the information claimed as CBI must be submitted for inclusion in the public docket. Information so marked will not be disclosed except in accordance with procedures set forth in 40 CFR part 2.
2. Tips for preparing your comments. When submitting comments, remember to:
i. Identify the document by docket ID number and other identifying information (subject heading, Federal Register date and page number). If you are commenting in a docket that addresses multiple products, please indicate to which registration number(s) your comment applies.
ii. Follow directions. The Agency may ask you to respond to specific questions or organize comments by referencing a Code of Federal Regulations part or section number.
iii. Explain why you agree or disagree; suggest alternatives and substitute language for your requested changes.
iv. Describe any assumptions and provide any technical information and/or data that you used.
v. If you estimate potential costs or burdens, explain how you arrived at your estimate in sufficient detail to allow for it to be reproduced.Start Printed Page 20842
vi. Provide specific examples to illustrate your concerns and suggest alternatives.
vii. Explain your views as clearly as possible, avoiding the use of profanity or personal threats.
viii. Make sure to submit your comments by the comment period deadline identified.
II. Registration Applications
EPA received applications as follows to register pesticide products containing currently registered active ingredients pursuant to the provisions of section 3(c) of FIFRA, and is publishing this Notice of such applications pursuant to section 3(c)(4) of FIFRA. Notice of receipt of these applications does not imply a decision by the Agency on the applications.
1. Registration Numbers: 100-993, 100-1103, 100-1017. Docket Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2010-0122. Company name and address: Syngenta Crop Protection, Inc., P.O. Box 18300, Greensboro, NC 27419-8300. Active ingredient: Fomesafen. Proposed Use(s): Peppers. Contact: Michael Walsh, (703) 308-2972; email@example.com.
2. Registration Number: 264-678. Docket Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2008-0887. Company name and address: Bayer CropScience, 2 T.W. Alexander Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. Active ingredient: Propamocarb hydrochloride. Proposed Use(s): Lima Beans. Contact: Tamue Gibson, (703) 305-9096; firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Registration Number: 264-704. Docket Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2009-0622. Company name and address: Bayer CropScience, 2 T.W. Alexander Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. Active ingredient: Pyrimethanil. Proposed Use(s): Caneberries, and bushberries. Contact: Tamue Gibson, (703) 305-9096; email@example.com.
4. Registration Numbers: 264-718, 264-719, 264-850. Docket Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2010-0250. Company name and address: Bayer CropScience, P.O. Box 12014, 2 T.W. Alexander Dr., Research Triangle, NC 27709. Active ingredient: Spiromesifen. Proposed Use(s): Wheat and sorghum. Contact: Jennifer Gaines, (703) 305-5967; firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Registration Number: 264-776. Docket Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2009-0163. Company name and address: Bayer CropScience LP, 2 T.W. Alexander Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. Active ingredient: Trifloxystrobin. Proposed Use(s): Vegetable, tuberous and corm, subgroup 1C; artichoke, globe; leafy greens, subgroup 4A; Brassica, head and stem, subgroup 5A; Brassica, leafy greens, subgroup 5B; fruit, small fruit vine climbing, subgroup 13-07F, except fuzzy kiwifruit; berry, lowgrowing, subgroup 13-07G; herb, subgroup 19A; spice, subgroup 19B, except black pepper. Contact: Rose Mary Kearns, (703) 305-5611; email@example.com.
6. Registration Numbers: 352-583, 352-569. Docket Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2010-0102. Company name and address: E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, 1007 Market St., Wilmington, DE 19898. Active ingredient: Triflusulfuron methyl. Proposed Use(s): Garden beet. Contact: Mindy Ondish, (703) 605-0723; firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Registration Numbers: 59639-107, 59639-138. Docket Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2010-0063. Company name and address: Valent U.S.A. Corp, 1600 Riviera Ave, Suite 200, Walnut Creek, CA 94596. Active ingredient: Etoxazole. Proposed Use(s): African eggplant; bell pepper; eggplant; martynia; nonbell pepper; okra; pea eggplant; pepino; roselle; scarlet eggplant, including cultivars, varieties and/or hybrids of these commodities: Berry and small fruit subgroups 13-07 A, F & G, squash/cucumber subgroup 9B, avocado, papaya, star apple, black sapote, mango, sapodilla, canistel, mamey sapote. Contact: Autumn Metzger, (703) 305-5314; email@example.com.
8. Registration Number: 59639-151. Docket Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2010-0217. Company name and address: Valent U.S.A. Corp, P.O. Box 8025, Walnut Creek, CA 94596-8025. Active ingredient: Clothianidin. Proposed Use(s): Rice seed treatment. Contact: Marianne Lewis, (703) 308-8043; firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Registration Number: 62719-282. Docket Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2010-0199. Company name and address: Dow AgroSciences LLC, 9330 Zionsville Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46268. Active ingredient: Spinosad. Proposed Use(s): Seed treatments on: bulb vegetables (crop group 3); dried shelled pea and bean (except soybean; subgroup 6C; excluding lentils and cowpea); lentils; cowpea; corn grown for seed; cucurbit vegetables (crop group 9; excluding cantaloupe, pumpkin, watermelon, winter squash); cantaloupe; pumpkin; watermelon; winter squash; edible-podded legume vegetables (subgroup 6A); field corn; leaves of legume vegetables (subgroup 7A; excluding cowpea and lentils); and sweet corn. Contact: Samantha Hulkower, (703) 603-0683; email@example.com.
10. File Symbol: 100-RGAR. Docket Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2010-0204. Syngenta Crop Protection, Inc., P.O. Box 18300, Greensboro, NC 27419. Active ingredient: Tefluthrin. Proposed Use(s): Sugar beet seed treatment. Contact: BeWanda Alexander, (703) 305-7460; firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. File Symbol: 100-RGAU. Docket Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2009-0905, Company name and address: Syngenta Crop Protection, Inc., P.O. Box 18300, Greensboro, NC 27419. Active ingredient: Acibenzolar, chlorothalonil. Proposed Use(s): Non-residential turf. Contact: Janet Whitehurst, (703) 305-6129; email@example.com.Start List of Subjects
List of SubjectsEnd List of Subjects Start Signature
Dated: April 9, 2010.
Director, Registration Division, Office of Pesticide Programs.
[FR Doc. 2010-9190 Filed 4-20-10; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-S