Notice of request for public comments.
The Department of State is seeking Office of Management and Budget (OMB) approval for the information collection described below. The purpose of this notice is to allow 60 days for public comment in the Federal Register preceding submission to OMB. We are conducting this process in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
- Title of Information Collection: Nonimmigrant Fiancé(e) Visa Application.
- OMB Control Number: 1405-0096.
- Type of Request: Extension of a Currently Approved Collection.Start Printed Page 25910
- Originating Office: Bureau of Consular Affairs, Department of State (CA/VO).
- Form Number: DS-156K.
- Respondents: Aliens applying for a nonimmigrant visa to enter the U.S. as the fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen.
- Estimated Number of Respondents: 35,000.
- Estimated Number of Responses: 35,000.
- Average Hours per Response: 1 hour.
- Total Estimated Burden: 35,000 hours per year.
- Frequency: Once per respondent.
- Obligation to Respond: Required to Obtain or Retain a Benefit.
The Department will accept comments from the public up to 60 days from May 10, 2010.
You may submit comments by any of the following methods:
- E-mail: VisaRegs@state.gov (Subject line must read DS-156K Reauthorization).
- Mail (paper, disk, or CD-ROM submissions): Chief, Legislation and Regulation Division, Visa Services—DS-156K Reauthorization, 2401 E Street, NW., Washington, DC 20520.
- Fax: (202) 663-3898.
You must include the DS form number (if applicable), information collection title, and OMB control number in any correspondence.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Direct requests for additional information regarding the collection listed in this notice, including requests for copies of the proposed information collection and supporting documents, to Lauren Prosnik of the Office of Visa Services, U.S. Department of State, 2401 E Street, NW., L-603, Washington, DC 20522, who may be reached at (202) 663-2951.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
We are soliciting public comments to permit the Department to:
- Evaluate whether the proposed information collection is necessary for the proper performance of our functions.
- Evaluate the accuracy of our estimate of the burden of the proposed collection, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used.
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected.
- Minimize the reporting burden on those who are to respond, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of technology.
Abstract of proposed collection: Form DS-156K is used by consular officers to determine the eligibility of an alien applicant for a non-immigrant fiancé(e) visa.
Methodology: The DS-156K is submitted to consular posts abroad.Start Signature
Dated: April 19, 2010.
Edward J. Ramotowski,
Deputy Assistant Secretary, Acting Bureau of Consular Affairs, Department of State.
[FR Doc. 2010-11022 Filed 5-7-10; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4710-06-P