Office of Foreign Assets Control, Treasury.
The Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) is publishing the names of six individuals and entities whose property and interests in property have been unblocked pursuant to Executive Order 12978 of October 21, 1995, Blocking Assets and Prohibiting Transactions With Significant Narcotics Traffickers.
The unblocking and removal from the list of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons (“SDN List”) of the individuals and entities identified in this notice whose property and interests in property were blocked pursuant to Executive Order 12978 of October 21, 1995, is effective on May 6, 2010.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Assistant Director, Compliance Outreach & Implementation, Office of Foreign Assets Control, Department of the Treasury, Washington, DC 20220, tel.: 202/622-2490.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Electronic and Facsimile Availability
This document and additional information concerning OFAC are available from OFAC's Web site (http://www.treas.gov/ofac) or via facsimile through a 24-hour fax-on demand service at (202) 622-0077.
On October 21, 1995, the President, invoking the authority, inter alia, of the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (50 U.S.C. 1701-1706) (“IEEPA”), issued Executive Order 12978 (60 FR 54579, October 24, 1995) (the “Order”). In the Order, the President declared a national emergency to deal with the threat posed by significant foreign narcotics traffickers centered in Colombia and the harm that they cause in the United States and abroad.
Section 1 of the Order blocks, with certain exceptions, all property and interests in property that are in the United States, or that hereafter come within the United States or that are or hereafter come within the possession or control of United States persons, of: (1) The persons listed in an Annex to the Order; (2) any foreign person determined by the Secretary of the Treasury, in consultation with the Attorney General and Secretary of State: (a) To play a significant role in international narcotics trafficking centered in Colombia; or (b) to materially assist in, or provide financial or technological support for or goods or services in support of, the narcotics trafficking activities of persons designated in or pursuant to the Order; and (3) persons determined by the Secretary of the Treasury, in consultation with the Attorney General and the Secretary of State, to be owned or controlled by, or to act for or on behalf of, persons designated pursuant to the Order.
On May 6, 2010, OFAC removed from the SDN List the individuals and entities listed below, whose property and interests in property were blocked pursuant to the Order:
1. RIOS LOZANO, Alexander, Carrera 42 No. 5B-81, Cali, Colombia; Carrera 8N No. 17A-12, Cartago, Colombia; c/o AGROPECUARIA MIRALINDO S.A., Cartago, Colombia; c/o ARIZONA S.A., Cartago, Colombia; c/o MAQUINARIA TECNICA Y TIERRAS LTDA., Cali, Colombia; DOB 15 Jan 1974; Cedula No. 94402123 (Colombia); Passport 94402123(Colombia) (individual) [SDNT]
2. GARCIA DE LA FUENTE ARRIAGA, Ignacio, c/o CUSTOMER NETWORKS S.L., Madrid, Spain; c/o GALERIA DE PORTALES S.A., Madrid, Spain; c/o SOCIEDAD INVERSORA EN PROYECTOS DE INTERNET S.A., Madrid, Spain; D.N.I. 27340558-K (Spain) (individual) [SDNT]
3. COTRINO TRUJILLO, Olga, c/o FARMA XXI LTDA., Neiva, Huila, Colombia; Cedula No. 36183653 (Colombia); Passport 36183653(Colombia) (individual) [SDNT]
4. CUSTOMER NETWORKS S.L., Ronda Manuel Granero 69, 28043 Madrid, Madrid, Spain; Serrano 166, 28002 Madrid, Madrid, Spain; C.I.F. B82998543 (Spain) [SDNT]
5. GALERIA DE PORTALES, S.A., Jose Serrano 166, Madrid 28019, Spain; Miguel Yuste 48, Madrid 28037, Spain; C.I.F. A82464934 (Spain) [SDNT]
6. SOCIEDAD INVERSORA EN PROYECTOS DE INTERNET, S.A., Calle Segre 25, Madrid 28002, Spain [SDNT]Start Signature
Dated: May 6, 2010.
Adam J. Szubin,
Director, Office of Foreign Assets Control.
[FR Doc. 2010-11221 Filed 5-11-10; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4810-AL-P