Federal Communications Commission.
Notice; solicitation of comments.
In this document, the Wireline Competition Bureau seeks comment on a petition filed by Puerto Rico Telephone Company, Inc. (PRTC) requesting that the Commission reconsider its decision declining to establish a new universal service high-cost support mechanism for non-rural insular carriers. PRTC says the Commission should expeditiously reconsider its decision and adopt an insular mechanism that will provide explicit universal service loop support to address its elevated costs to deploy wireline infrastructure.
Interested parties may file comments on the petition for reconsideration no later than June 14, 2010. Reply comments may be filed no later than June 22, 2010.
You may submit comments, identified by WC Docket No. 05-337, by any of the following methods:
- Federal eRulemaking Portal: http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the instructions for submitting comments.
- Federal Communications Commission's Web Site: http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/ecfs2/. Follow the instructions for submitting comments.
- People with Disabilities: Contact the FCC to request reasonable accommodations (accessible format documents, sign language interpreters, CART, etc.) by e-mail: FCC504@fcc.gov or phone: (202) 418-0530 or TTY: (202) 418-0432.
For detailed instructions for submitting comments and additional information on the rulemaking process, see the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION section of this document.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Katie King or Ted Burmeister, Telecommunications Access Policy Division, Wireline Competition Bureau, (202) 418-7400, TTY: (202) 418-0484.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
In a public notice in this proceeding released on May 21, 2010, the Wireline Competition Bureau invites interested parties to comment on a petition filed by Puerto Rico Telephone Company, Inc. (PRTC) requesting that the Commission reconsider its decision declining to establish a new universal service high-cost support mechanism for non-rural insular carriers. In an order in WC Docket No. 05-337, CC Docket No. 96-45, and WC Docket No. 03-109 (75 FR 25113, May 7, 2010), the Commission concluded that dramatic increases in telephone subscribership in Puerto Rico over the last several years made it unnecessary to adopt a new high-cost support mechanism for non-rural insular carriers as proposed by PRTC.
Pursuant to §§ 1.415 and 1.419 of the Commission's rules, 47 CFR 1.415, 1.419, interested parties may file comments and reply comments on or Start Printed Page 30025before the dates indicated on the first page of this document. Comments may be filed using: (1) The Commission's Electronic Comment Filing System (ECFS), (2) the Federal Government's eRulemaking Portal, or (3) by filing paper copies. See Electronic Filing of Documents in Rulemaking Proceedings, 63 FR 24121, May 1, 1998.
- Electronic Filers: Comments may be filed electronically using the Internet by accessing the ECFS: http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/ecfs/ or the Federal eRulemaking Portal: http://www.regulations.gov. Filers should follow the instructions provided on the Web site for submitting comments.
- Paper Filers: Parties who choose to file by paper must file an original and four copies of each filing. If more than one docket or rulemaking number appears in the caption of this proceeding, filers must submit two additional copies for each additional docket or rulemaking number.
Filings can be sent by hand or messenger delivery, by commercial overnight courier, or by first-class or overnight U.S. Postal Service mail (although we continue to experience delays in receiving U.S. Postal Service mail). All filings must be addressed to the Commission's Secretary, Office of the Secretary, Federal Communications Commission.
○ All hand-delivered or messenger-delivered paper filings for the Commission's Secretary must be delivered to FCC Headquarters at 445 12th St., SW., Room TW-A325, Washington, DC 20554. The filing hours are 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. All hand deliveries must be held together with rubber bands or fasteners. Any envelopes must be disposed of before entering the building.
○ Commercial overnight mail (other than U.S. Postal Service Express Mail and Priority Mail) must be sent to 9300 East Hampton Drive, Capitol Heights, MD 20743.
○ U.S. Postal Service first-class, Express, and Priority mail should be addressed to 445 12th Street, SW., Washington, DC 20554.
In addition, one copy of each pleading must be sent to each of the following:
- The Commission's duplicating contractor, Best Copy and Printing, Inc, 445 12th Street, SW., Room CY-B402, Washington, DC 20554; Web site: http://www.bcpiweb.com; phone: 1-800-378-3160; and
- Charles Tyler, Telecommunications Access Policy Division, Wireline Competition Bureau, 445 12th Street, SW., Room 5-A452, Washington, DC 20554; e-mail: Charles.Tyler@fcc.gov.
People with Disabilities: To request materials in accessible formats for people with disabilities (Braille, large print, electronic files, audio format), send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau at (202) 418-0530 (voice) or (202) 418-0432 (TTY). Contact the FCC to request reasonable accommodations for filing comments (accessible format documents, sign language interpreters, CART, etc.) by e-mail: email@example.com; phone: (202) 418-0530 or (202) 418-0432 (TTY).
Filings and comments are also available for public inspection and copying during regular business hours at the FCC Reference Information Center, Portals II, 445 12th Street, SW., Room CY-A257, Washington, DC 20554. Copies may also be purchased from the Commission's duplicating contractor, BCPI, 445 12th Street, SW., Room CY-B402, Washington, DC 20554. Customers may contact BCPI through its Web site: www.bcpiweb.com, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone at (202) 488-5300 or (800) 378-3160 (voice), (202) 488-5562 (TTY), or by facsimile at (202) 488-5563.Start Signature
Jennifer K. McKee,
Acting Division Chief, Telecommunications Access Policy Division, Federal Communications Commission.
[FR Doc. 2010-12932 Filed 5-27-10; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6712-01-P