60-Day Notice of New Information Collection; ICE Mutual Agreement Between Government and Employers (IMAGE).
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), is submitted the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until August 10, 2010.
Written comments and suggestions regarding items contained in this notice, and especially with regard to the estimated public burden and associated response time should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Joseph M. Gerhart, Chief, Records Management Branch, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, 500 12th Street, SW., Room 3138, Washington, DC 20536; (202) 732-6337.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until August 10, 2010. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: New information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: ICE Mutual Agreement between Government and Employers (IMAGE) Information Request and Membership Application.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form 73-028, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Businesses or other for-profit and not-for-profit institutions. The Immigration and Customs Enforcement Mutual Agreement between Government and Employers (IMAGE) program is the outreach and education component of the Office of Investigations (OI) Worksite Enforcement (WSE) program. IMAGE is designed to build cooperative relationships with the private sector to enhance compliance with immigration laws and reduce the number of unauthorized aliens within the American workforce. Under this program ICE will partner with businesses representing a cross-section of industries. A business will initially complete and prepare an IMAGE membership application so that ICE can properly evaluate the company for inclusion in the IMAGE program. The information provided by the company plays a vital role in determining it suitability for the program.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 100 responses at 90 minutes (1.5 hours) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 150 annual burden hours.
Requests for a copy of the proposed information collection instrument, with instructions; or inquiries for additional information should be requested via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “IMAGE Program Application” in the subject line.Start Signature
Dated: June 3, 2010.
Joseph M. Gerhart,
Chief, Records Management Branch, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. 2010-14042 Filed 6-10-10; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE P