Notice of request for public comments.
The Department of State is seeking Office of Management and Budget (OMB) approval for the information collection described below. The purpose of this notice is to allow 60 days for public comment in the Federal Register preceding submission to OMB. We are conducting this process in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
- Title of Information Collection: Application for Additional Visa Pages or Miscellaneous Passport Services.
- OMB Control Number: 1405-0159.
- Type of Request: Revision of a Currently Approved Collection.
- Originating Office: Bureau of Consular Affairs, Passport Services CA/PPT.
- Form Number: DS-4085.
- Respondents: Individuals or Households.
- Estimated Number of Respondents: 146,000 respondents per year.
- Estimated Number of Responses: 146,000 responses per year.
- Average Hours per Response: 20 minutes.
- Total Estimated Burden: 48,700 hours per year.
- Frequency: On occasion.
- Obligation to Respond: Required to Obtain or Retain a Benefit.
The Department will accept comments from the public up to 60 days from June 21, 2010.
You may submit comments by any of the following methods:
- E-mail: PPT-Forms-Officer@state.gov.
- Mail (paper, disk, or CD-ROM submissions): Passport Forms Management Officer, U.S. Department of State, Office of Program Management and Operational Support, 2100 Pennsylvania Avenue NW., Room 3031, Washington, DC 20037.
You must include the DS form number (if applicable), information collection title, and OMB control number in any correspondence.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Direct requests for additional information regarding the collection listed in this notice, including requests for copies of the proposed information collection and supporting documents, to Passport Forms Management Officer, U.S. Department of State, Office of Program Management and Operational Support, 2100 Pennsylvania Avenue NW., Room 3031, Washington, DC 20037, who may be reached on 202-663-2457 or at PPT-Forms-Officer@state.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
We are soliciting public comments to permit the Department to:
- Evaluate whether the proposed information collection is necessary for the proper performance of our functions.
- Evaluate the accuracy of our estimate of the burden of the proposed collection, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used.
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected.
- Minimize the reporting burden on those who are to respond, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of technology.
Abstract of proposed collection: The information collected on the DS-4085 is used to facilitate the issuance of additional visa pages to valid U.S. passports. The primary purpose of soliciting the information is to establish citizenship, identity, and entitlement of the applicant to the U.S. passport or related service, and to properly administer and enforce the laws pertaining to the issuance thereof.
Methodology: Passport Services collects information from U.S. citizens and non-citizen nationals when they complete and submit the Application Start Printed Page 35120for Additional Visa Pages or Miscellaneous Passport Services. Passport applicants can either download the DS-4085 from the internet or obtain one from an Acceptance Facility/Passport Agency. The form must be completed, signed, and submitted along with the applicant's valid U.S. passport.Start Signature
Dated: June 14, 2010.
Acting Deputy Assistant Secretary for Passport Services, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Department of State.
[FR Doc. 2010-14923 Filed 6-18-10; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4710-06-P