60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow, or Special Immigrant. OMB Control No. 1615-0020.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will be submitting the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until August 30, 2010.
During this 60-day period USCIS will be evaluating whether to revise the Form I-360. Should USCIS decide to revise the Form I-360 it will advise the public when it publishes the 30-day notice in the Federal Register in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act. The public will then have 30-days to comment on any revisions to the Form I-360. Note: USCIS will be submitting an OMB 83-C, Correction Worksheet to amend the instructions to the Form I-360 to add special immigrant status for certain Afghans covered under Public Law 111-8.
Written comments and suggestions regarding items contained in this notice, and especially with regard to the estimated public burden and associated response time should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), USCIS, Chief, Regulatory Products Division, Clearance Office, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20529-2210. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to 202-272-8352, or via e-mail at email@example.com. When submitting comments by e-mail, please add the OMB Control Number 1615-0020 in the subject box.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Petition for Amerasian, Widow or Special Immigrant.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form I-360. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. This information collection is used by several prospective classes of aliens who intend to establish their eligibility to immigrate to the United States.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 8,984 responses at 2 hours per response, 6,500 responses at 3 hours per response, and 4,700 at 2.25 hours per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 48,043 annual burden hours.
If you need a copy of the information collection instrument, please visit the Web site at: http:// www.regulations.gov/.
We may also be contacted at: USCIS, Regulatory Products Division, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20529-2210, Telephone number 202-272-8377.Start Signature
Dated: June 25, 2010.
Deputy Chief, Regulatory Products Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. 2010-15862 Filed 6-29-10; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-97-P