U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number. The NRC published a Federal Register Notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on March 29, 2010.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Extension.
2. The title of the information collection: NRC Form 314, Certificate of Disposition of Materials.
3. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0028.
4. The form number if applicable: NRC Form 314.
5. How often the collection is required: This form is submitted once, when a licensee terminates its license.
6. Who will be required or asked to report: Persons holding a NRC license for the possession and use of radioactive byproduct, source, or special nuclear material that are ceasing licensed activities and terminating the license.
7. An estimate of the number of annual responses: 136.
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 136.
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 68.
10. Abstract: The NRC Form 314 furnishes information to the NRC Start Printed Page 39057regarding transfer or other disposition of radioactive material by licensees who wish to terminate their licenses. The information is used by the NRC as part of the basis for its determination that the facility has been cleared of radioactive material before the facility is released for unrestricted use.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, Maryland 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by August 6, 2010. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
Christine J. Kymn, Desk Officer, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0028), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be e-mailed to Christine.J.Kymn@omb.eop.gov or submitted by telephone at (202) 395-4638.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Tremaine Donnell, (301) 415-6258.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville Maryland, this 29th day of June 2010.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 2010-16458 Filed 7-6-10; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P