U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number. The NRC published a Federal Register Notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on March 31, 2010.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Extension.
2. The title of the information collection: The Office of Federal and State Materials and Environmental Management Programs Requests to Agreement States for Information.
3. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0029.
4. The form number if applicable: N/A.
5. How often the collection is required: One time or as needed.
6. Who will be required or asked to report: Thirty-seven Agreement States who have signed Section 274(b) Agreements with NRC.
7. An estimate of the number of annual responses: 197.
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 37.
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 1,480.
10. Abstract: The Agreement States are asked on a one-time or as-needed basis to respond to a specific incident, to gather information on licensing and inspection practices or other technical and statistical information. Information is also exchanged for training purposes, such as student travel submissions. In 2007, the NRC policy changed to begin funding training for Agreement State materials licensing and inspection staff and associated travel to attend courses offered through the NRC training program. The results of such information requests, which are authorized under Section 274(b) of the Atomic Energy Act, are utilized in part by the NRC in preparing responses to Congressional inquiries. The Agreement State comments are also solicited in the areas of proposed procedure and policy development.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by August 6, 2010. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
Christine J. Kymn, Desk Officer, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0029), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be e-mailed to Christine.J.Kymn@omb.eop.gov or Start Printed Page 39056submitted by telephone at (202) 395-4638.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Tremaine Donnell, (301) 415-6258.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 29th day of June 2010.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 2010-16460 Filed 7-6-10; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P