U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number. The NRC published a Federal Register Notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on March 24, 2010.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Revision.
2. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR Part 52, “Licenses, Certifications, and Approvals for Nuclear Power Plants.”
3. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0151.
4. The form number if applicable: Not applicable.
5. How often the collection is required: Whenever applications are made for Early Site Permits (ESPs), Standard Design Certifications (SDCs), Combined Licenses (COLs), Standard Design Approvals (SDAs), or Manufacturing Licenses (MLs); and every 10 to 20 years for applications for renewal.
6. Who will be required or asked to report: Designers of commercial nuclear power plants (NPPs), electric power companies, and any person eligible under the Atomic Energy Act to apply for ESPs, SDCs, COLs, or MLs.
7. An estimate of the number of annual responses: 11.332.
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 4.666.
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 204,075 (191,774 reporting, 12,301 recordkeeping).
10. Abstract: 10 CFR Part 52 establishes requirements for the granting of ESPs, certifications of standard NPP designs, and licenses which combine in a single license a construction permit, and an operating license with conditions, OLs, MLs, SDAs, and pre-application reviews of site suitability issues. Part 52 also establishes requirements for renewal of those approvals, permits, certifications, and licenses; amendments to them; exemptions from certifications; and variances from ESPs.
NRC uses the information collected to assess the adequacy and suitability of an applicant's site, plant design, construction, training and experience, plans and procedures for the protection of public health and safety. The NRC review of such information and the findings derived from that information form the basis of NRC decisions and actions concerning the issuance, modification or revocation of site permits, DCs, COLs, and MLs for NPPs.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by August 19, 2010. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
Christine J. Kymn, Desk Officer, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0151), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be e-mailed to Christine.J.Kymn@omb.eop.gov or submitted by telephone at (202) 395-4638.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Tremaine Donnell, (301) 415-6258.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 13th day of July 2010.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 2010-17662 Filed 7-19-10; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P