Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
In compliance with the requirement of section 3506(c)(2)(A) of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is publishing the following summary of proposed collections for public comment. Interested persons are invited to send comments regarding this burden estimate or any other aspect of this collection of information, including any of the following subjects: (1) The necessity and utility of the proposed information collection for the proper performance of the agency's functions; (2) the accuracy of the estimated burden; (3) ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and (4) the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology to minimize the information collection burden.
1. Type of Information Collection Request: Extension of a currently approved collection; Title of Information Collection: Hospice Cost and Data Report and supporting regulations 42 CFR 413.20 and 42 CFR 413.24; Use: In accordance with sections 1815(a), 1833(e), and 1861(v)(A)(ii) of the Social Security Act, providers of service in the Medicare program are required to submit annual information to achieve reimbursement for health care services rendered to Medicare beneficiaries. In addition, 42 CFR 413.20(b) sets forth that cost reports will be required from providers on an annual basis. Such cost reports are required to be filed with the provider's fiscal intermediary (FI) or Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) no later than the last day of the fifth month following the close of the period covered by the report. Form Number: CMS-R-249 (OMB#: 0938-0758); Frequency: Yearly; Affected Public: Business or other for-profits and not-for-profit institutions; Number of Respondents: 2,303; Total Annual Responses: 2,303; Total Annual Hours: 405,328. (For policy questions regarding this collection contact Gail Duncan at 410-786-7278. For all other issues call 410-786-1326.)
2. Type of Information Collection Request: Extension of a currently approved collection; Title of Information Collection: Health Insurance Benefit Agreement; Use: Applicants to the Medicare program are required to agree to provide services in accordance with Federal requirements. The CMS-1561 is essential for CMS to ensure that applicants are in compliance with the requirements. Applicants will be required to sign the completed form and provide operational information to CMS to assure that they continue to meet the requirements after approval. Form Number: CMS-1561 (OMB#: 0938-0832); Frequency: Yearly; Affected Public: Private Sector: Business or other for-profits and not-for-profit institutions; Number of Respondents: 3,000; Total Annual Responses: 3,000; Total Annual Hours: 500. (For policy questions regarding this collection contact JoAnn Perry at 410-786-3336. For all other issues call 410-786-1326.)
3. Type of Information Collection Request: Extension of a currently approved collection; Title of Information Collection: Children's Health Insurance Program; Use: States are required to submit title XXI plans and amendments for approval by the Start Printed Page 43168Secretary pursuant to section 2102 of the Social Security Act in order to receive funds for initiating and expanding health insurance coverage for uninsured children. States are also required to submit State expenditure and statistical reports, annual reports and State evaluations to the Secretary as outlined in title XXI of the Social Security Act. Form Number: CMS-R-308 (OMB#: 0938-0841); Frequency: Yearly, quarterly, once and/or occasionally; Affected Public: State, Local, or Tribal Governments; Number of Respondents: 56; Total Annual Responses: 1,114,124; Total Annual Hours: 864,973. (For policy questions regarding this collection contact Nancy Goetschius at 410-786-0707. For all other issues call 410-786-1326.)
To obtain copies of the supporting statement and any related forms for the proposed paperwork collections referenced above, access CMS' Web Site at http://www.cms.hhs.gov/PaperworkReductionActof1995, or E-mail your request, including your address, phone number, OMB number, and CMS document identifier, to Paperwork@cms.hhs.gov, or call the Reports Clearance Office on (410) 786-1326.
In commenting on the proposed information collections please reference the document identifier or OMB control number. To be assured consideration, comments and recommendations must be submitted in one of the following ways by September 21, 2010:
1. Electronically. You may submit your comments electronically to http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the instructions for “Comment or Submission” or “More Search Options” to find the information collection document(s) accepting comments.
2. By regular mail. You may mail written comments to the following address:
CMS, Office of Strategic Operations and Regulatory Affairs, Division of Regulations Development, Attention: Document Identifier/OMB Control Number, Room C4-26-05, 7500 Security Boulevard, Baltimore, Maryland 21244-1850.Start Signature
Dated: July 19, 2010.
Director, Regulations Development Group, Office of Strategic Operations and Regulatory Affairs.
[FR Doc. 2010-17899 Filed 7-22-10; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4120-01-P