Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service, USDA.
Extension of approval of an information collection; comment request.
In accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, this notice announces the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service’s intention to request an extension of approval of an information collection associated with the export of poultry and poultry hatching eggs from the United States.
We will consider all comments that we receive on or before September 28, 2010.
You may submit comments by either of the following methods:
- Federal eRulemaking Portal: Go to (http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/component/main?main=DocketDetail&d=APHIS-2010-0068) to submit or view comments and to view supporting and related materials available electronically.
- Postal Mail/Commercial Delivery: Please send one copy of your comment to Docket No. APHIS-2010-0068, Regulatory Analysis and Development, PPD, APHIS, Station 3A-03.8, 4700 River Road Unit 118, Riverdale, MD 20737-1238. Please state that your comment refers to Docket No. APHIS-2010-0068.
Reading Room: You may read any comments that we receive on this docket in our reading room. The reading room is located in room 1141 of the USDA South Building, 14th Street and Independence Avenue SW., Washington, DC. Normal reading room hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, except holidays. To be sure someone is there to help you, please call (202) 690-2817 before coming.
Other Information: Additional information about APHIS and its programs is available on the Internet at (http://www.aphis.usda.gov).Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
For information on the export of poultry and poultry hatching eggs from the United States, contact Dr. Sara Kaman, Senior Staff Veterinarian, Technical Trade Services Team—Animals, NCIE, VS, APHIS, 4700 River Road Unit 39, Riverdale, MD 20737; (301) 734-8364. For copies of more detailed information on the information collection, contact Mrs. Celeste Sickles, APHIS’ Information Collection Coordinator, at (301) 851-2908.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Title: Certificate for Poultry and Hatching Eggs for Export.
OMB Number: 0579-0048.
Type of Request: Extension of approval of an information collection.
Abstract: Under the Animal Health Protection Act (7 U.S.C. 8301 et seq.), the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), among other things, collects information and conducts inspections to ensure that poultry and hatching eggs exported from the United States are free of communicable diseases. The export of agricultural commodities, including poultry and hatching eggs, is a major business in the United States and contributes to a favorable balance of trade. Receiving countries have specific health requirements for poultry and hatching eggs exported from the United States. Most countries require a certification that our poultry and hatching eggs are free of diseases of concern to the receiving country. This certification generally must carry the USDA seal and be endorsed by an authorized APHIS veterinarian.
Veterinary Services Form 17-6, Certificate for Poultry and Hatching Eggs for Export, is used to meet these requirements.
We are asking the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) to approve our use of these information collection activities for an additional 3 years.
The purpose of this notice is to solicit comments from the public (as well as affected agencies) concerning our information collection. These comments will help us:
(1) Evaluate whether the collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of our estimate of the burden of the collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, through use, as appropriate, of automated, electronic, mechanical, and other collection technologies; e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Estimate of burden: The public reporting burden for this collection of information is estimated to average 0.5 hours per response.
Respondents: Accredited veterinarians, poultry owners, hatching egg production facility owners, and poultry and hatching egg exporters.
Estimated annual number of respondents: 300.
Estimated annual number of responses per respondent: 34.
Estimated annual number of responses: 10,200.
Estimated total annual burden on respondents: 5,100 hours. (Due to averaging, the total annual burden hours may not equal the product of the annual number of responses multiplied by the reporting burden per response.)
All responses to this notice will be summarized and included in the request for OMB approval. All comments will also become a matter of public record.Start Signature
Done in Washington, DC, this 27th day of July 2010.
Acting Administrator, Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service.
[FR Doc. 2010-18750 Filed 7-29-10; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3410-34-S