30-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Extension of Previously Approved Collection, Department of Justice Procurement Blanket Clearance.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Justice Management Division, will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the pubic and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register (Volume 75, Number 105, page 30858) on June 2, 2010, allowing for a 60 day public comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until September 2, 2010. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 3120.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the items contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Start Printed Page 45665Affairs, Attention: Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20503. Additionally, comments may be submitted to OMB via facsimile on 202-395-7285.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Department of Justice Procurement Blanket Clearance.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: None. Sponsor: Justice Management Division.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract. Primary: Commercial organizations and individuals who voluntarily submit offers and bids to compete for contract awards to provide supplies and services required by the Government. All work statements and pricing data are required to evaluate the contractors bid or proposal.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 5,996 respondents will complete each form, with a total of 20 hours average response time.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 119,920 total annual burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Ms. Lynn Bryant, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street, NE., Suite 2E-502, Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: July 21, 2010.
Department Clearance Officer, PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2010-18225 Filed 8-2-10; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FB-P