Corporation for National and Community Service.
The Corporation for National and Community Service (hereinafter the “Corporation”), has submitted a public information collection request (ICR) entitled the the National Evaluation of School-Based Learn and Serve America Teacher Recruitment Process to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, Public Law 104-13 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). Copies of this ICR, with applicable supporting documentation, may be obtained by calling the Corporation for National and Community Service, Kimberly Spring at (202) 606-6629. Individuals who use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TTY-TDD) may call (202) 606-3472 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.
Comments may be submitted, identified by the title of the information collection activity, to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attn: Ms. Sharon Mar, OMB Desk Officer for the Corporation for National and Community Service, by any of the following two methods within 30 days from the date of publication in this Federal Register:
(1) By fax to: (202) 395-6974, Attention: Ms. Sharon Mar, OMB Desk Officer for the Corporation for National and Community Service; and
(2) Electronically by e-mail to: email@example.com.End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The OMB is particularly interested in comments which:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Corporation, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Propose ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Propose ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses.
A 60-day public comment Notice was published in the Federal Register on May 11, 2010. This comment period ended July 12, 2010. No public comments were received from this Notice.
Description: The Corporation is seeking approval of the National Evaluation of School-Based Learn and Serve America Teacher Recruitment Process. The information collection will gather data on public school districts, schools, and teachers that will be used to identify and recruit eligible schools and teachers for participation in a national evaluation of the impacts of service-learning on students' academic achievement and academic and civic engagement.
Type of Review: New Information Collection.
Agency: Corporation for National and Community Service.
Title: The National Evaluation of School-Based Learn and Serve America Teacher Recruitment Process.
OMB Number: None.
Agency Number: None.
Affected Public: Public school district administrators, principals, and teachers.
Total Respondents: 989.
Average Time per Response: 1.3 hours.
Estimated Total Burden Hours: 1,320 hours.
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): None.
Total Burden Cost (operating/maintenance): None.Start Signature
Dated: July 30, 2010.
Acting Director, Office of Research and Policy Development.
[FR Doc. 2010-19426 Filed 8-5-10; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6050-$$-P