30-Day Notice of New Information Collection for Review; ICE Mutual Agreement between Government and Employers (IMAGE), OMB No. 1653-NEW.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (USICE), will submit the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on June 11, 2010 Vol. 75 No. 112 33319, allowing for a 60 day public comment period. No comments were received on this information collection.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for thirty days September 30, 2010. Interested persons are invited to submit written comments on the proposed information collection to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget. Comments should be addressed to OMB Desk Officer, for United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Department of Homeland Security, and sent via electronic mail to email@example.com or faxed to (202) 395-5806.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of Start Printed Page 53323information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: New information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: IMAGE Information Request and Membership Application/ICE Mutual Agreement between Government and Employers (IMAGE)
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form 73-028. U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Businesses or other for-profit and not-for-profit institutions. The Immigration and Customs Enforcement Mutual Agreement between Government and Employers (IMAGE) program is the outreach and education component of the Office of Investigations (OI) Worksite Enforcement (WSE) program. IMAGE is designed to build cooperative relationships with the private sector to enhance compliance with immigration laws and reduce the number of unauthorized aliens within the American workforce. Under this program ICE will partner with businesses representing a cross-section of industries. A business will initially complete and prepare an IMAGE membership application so that ICE can properly evaluate the company for inclusion in the IMAGE program. The information provided by the company plays a vital role in determining it suitability for the program.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 100 responses at 90 minutes (1.5 hours) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 150 annual burden hours.
Requests for a copy of the proposed information collection instrument, with instructions; or inquiries for additional information should be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “IMAGE Program Application” in the subject line.Start Signature
Dated: August 24, 2010.
Joseph M. Gerhart,
Chief, Records Management Branch, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. 2010-21628 Filed 8-30-10; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-28-P