60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: ATF Adjunct Instructor Data Form.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), will be submitting the following information Start Printed Page 54184collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for “sixty days” until November 2, 2010. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments, especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Gus Jakowitsch, Learning Management Branch, 99 New York Ave., NE., Washington, DC 20226.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies' estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: New.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: ATF Adjunct Instructor Data Form.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: ATF F 6140.3. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individual or households. Other: None. The form will be used to collect the necessary information regarding the prospective instructor's experience and qualifications, and whether he or she meets the minimum requirements in order to teach ATF courses. The information is necessary in order for ATF training programs to verify and defend the qualifications of instructor personnel.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 20 respondents will complete a 30-minute form.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 10 annual total burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Lynn Bryant, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, 2 Constitution Square, Room 2E-502, 145 N Street NE., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: August 3, 2010.
Department Clearance Officer, PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2010-22086 Filed 9-2-10; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P