Transportation Security Administration, DHS.
30 day notice.
This notice announces that the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has forwarded the Information Collection Request (ICR), Office of Management and Budget (OMB) control number 1652-0042, abstracted below to OMB for review and approval of an extension of the currently approved collection under the Paperwork Reduction Act (PRA). The ICR describes the nature of the information collection and its expected burden. TSA published a Federal Register notice, with a 60-day comment period soliciting comments, of the following collection of information on July 30, 2010 75 FR 44974. The collection involves TSA determining whether the party or representative of a party seeking access to sensitive security information (SSI) in a civil proceeding in Federal court may be granted access to the SSI.
Send your comments by November 15, 2010. A comment to OMB is most effective if OMB receives it within 30 days of publication.
Interested persons are invited to submit written comments on the proposed information collection to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, OMB. Comments should be addressed to Desk Officer, Department of Homeland Security/TSA, and sent via electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (202) 395-6974.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Joanna Johnson, TSA PRA Officer, Office of Information Technology (OIT), TSA-11, Transportation Security Administration, 601 South 12th Street, Arlington, VA 20598-6011; telephone (571) 227-3651; e-mail TSAPRA@dhs.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
In accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. 3501 et seq.), an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a valid OMB control number. The ICR documentation is available at http://www.reginfo.gov. Therefore, in preparation for OMB review and approval of the following information collection, TSA is soliciting comments to—
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed information requirement is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including using appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology.
Information Collection Requirement
Title: Sensitive Security Information Threat Assessments.
Type of Request: Extension of a currently approved collection.
OMB Control Number: 1652-0042.
Forms(s): TSA 2211.
Affected Public: Individuals seeking access to SSI Information.
Abstract: TSA has implemented Section 525 of the DHS Appropriations Act  , 2007, Public Law 109-925, see 525(d) (October 4, 2006), as reenacted in the Department of Homeland Appropriations Act, 2008, Public Law 110-161, sec. 522 (Dec 26, 2007); Department of Homeland Security Appropriations, 2009, Public Law 110-329, D.V.D. sec. 510 (September 30, 2008), and Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act 2010, Public Law 111.83, sec. 510 (October 29, 2009), by establishing a process whereby a party seeking access to SSI in a civil proceeding in federal court that demonstrates a substantial need for relevant SSI in preparation of the party's case may request that the party representative or court reporter be granted access to the SSI. In order to determine if the individual may be granted access to SSI for this purpose, TSA conducts a criminal history records check (CHRC) and threat assessment. Individuals are required to submit information including identifying information and an explanation Start Printed Page 63500supporting the party's need for the information.
Number of Respondents: 180.
Estimated Annual Burden Hours: An estimated 180 hours annually.Start Signature
Issued in Arlington, Virginia, on October 8, 2010.
TSA Paperwork Reduction Act Officer, Office of Information Technology.
1. Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2007, Pub. L. 109-925, see 525(d) (October 4, 2006), on reenacted in the Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2008, Public Law 110-161 Div. E. Sec. 522 (December 26, 2007); Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2009, Public Law 110-329 D.V.D. sec. 510 (September 30, 2008), and Department of Security Appropriations Act 2010, Public Law 111.83, sec. 510 (October 29, 2009).Back to Citation
[FR Doc. 2010-25931 Filed 10-14-10; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9110-05-P