60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until February 14, 2011. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments, especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Raymond A. Pagliarini, Jr., Assistant Administrator, Human Resources Division, Drug Enforcement Administration, 8701 Morrissette Drive, Springfield, VA 22152.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of Information Collection 1117-0043
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Drug Questionnaire (DEA Form 341).
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection:
Form number: DEA Form 341.
Component: Human Resources Division, Drug Enforcement Administration, U.S. Department of Justice
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Abstract: DEA Policy states that a past history of illegal drug use may be a disqualification for employment with DEA. This form asks job applicants specific questions about their personal history, if any, of illegal drug use.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 173,800 respondents will respond annually, taking 5 minutes to complete each form.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 14,483 annual burden hours
If additional information is required contact: Lynn Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: December 8, 2010
Department Clearance Officer, PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2010-31280 Filed 12-13-10; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-09-P