30-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: User-Limited Permit (Explosives).
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 75, Number 201, page 64356 on Start Printed Page 80845October 19, 2010, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until January 24, 2011. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the items contained in this notice, especially the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to The Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20503. Additionally, comments may be submitted to OMB via facsimile to (202) 395-5806.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: User-Limited Permit (Explosives).
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: ATF F 5400.6. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for-profit. Other: none. Abstract: The User-Limited Permit is useful to the person making a one-time purchase from out-of-state. This permit is not transferable and is valid only for a single transaction involving the type and quantity of explosive materials specified on the permit. It is nonrenewable. The explosives distributor makes entries on the form and returns the form to the permittee to prevent reuse of the permit.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: There will be an estimated 1,092 respondents, who will complete and retain the form within approximately 12 minutes.
(6) An estimate of the total burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 218 total burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Lynn Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Policy and Planning Staff, Justice Management Division, Two Constitution Square, Room 2E-502, 145 N Street, NE., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: December 20, 2010.
Department Clearance Officer, PRA, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2010-32300 Filed 12-22-10; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P