Grain Inspection, Packers and Stockyards Administration, USDA.
The designations of the official agencies listed below will end on June 30, 2011. We are asking persons or governmental agencies interested in providing official services in the areas presently served by these agencies to submit an application for designation. In addition, we are asking for comments on the quality of services provided by the following designated agencies: The Georgia Department of Agriculture (Georgia) and the Montana Department of Agriculture (Montana).
Applications and comments must be received by February 3, 2011.
Submit applications and comments concerning this notice using any of the following methods:
- Applying for Designation on the Internet: Use FGISonline (https://fgis.gipsa.usda.gov/default_home_FGIS.aspx) and then click on the Delegations/Designations and Export Registrations (DDR) link. You must obtain an FGISonline customer number and USDA eAuthentication username and password prior to applying.
- Submit Comments Using the Internet: Go to Regulations.gov (http://www.regulations.gov). Instructions for submitting and reading comments are detailed on the site.
- Hand Delivery/Courier Address: Karen W. Guagliardo, Review Branch Chief, Compliance Division, GIPSA, USDA, Room 1647-S, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW., Washington, DC 20250.
- Mail: Karen W. Guagliardo, Review Branch Chief, Compliance Division, GIPSA, USDA, STOP 3604, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW., Washington, DC 20250-3604.
- Fax: Karen W. Guagliardo, 202-690-2755.
Read Applications and Comments: All applications and comments will be available for public inspection at the office above during regular business hours (7 CFR 1.27(c)).Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Karen W. Guagliardo, 202-720-8262 or Karen.W.Guagliardo@usda.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Section 7(f)(1) of the United States Grain Standards Act (USGSA) (7 U.S.C. 71-87k) authorizes GIPSA's Administrator to designate a qualified applicant to provide official services in a specified area after determining that the applicant is better able than any other applicant to provide such official services. Under section 7(g)(1) of the USGSA, designations of official agencies are effective for 3 years unless terminated by the Secretary, but may be renewed according to the criteria and procedures prescribed in section 7(f) of the USGSA. Start Printed Page 318
Areas Open for Designation
Pursuant to Section 7(f)(2) of the Act, the entire State of Georgia, except those export port locations within the State, which are serviced by GIPSA, is assigned to this official agency.
Pursuant to Section 7(f)(2) of the Act, the entire State of Montana is assigned to this official agency.
Opportunity for Designation
Interested persons or governmental agencies may apply for designation to provide official services in the geographic areas specified above under the provisions of section 7(f) of the USGSA and 7 CFR 800.196(d). Designation in the specified geographic areas is for the period beginning July 1, 2011, and ending June 30, 2014. To apply for designation or for more information, contact Karen W. Guagliardo at the address listed above or visit GIPSA's Web site at http://www.gipsa.usda.gov.
Request for Comments
We are publishing this notice to provide interested persons the opportunity to comment on the quality of services provided by the Georgia and Montana official agencies. In the designation process, we are particularly interested in receiving comments citing reasons and pertinent data supporting or objecting to the designation of the applicants. Submit all comments to Karen W. Guagliardo at the above address or at http://www.regulations.gov.
We consider applications, comments, and other available information when determining which applicant will be designated.Start Signature
J. Dudley Butler,
Administrator, Grain Inspection, Packers and Stockyards Administration.
[FR Doc. 2010-33139 Filed 1-3-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3410-KD-P