30-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Limited Permittee Transaction Record.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 75, Number 239, page 77905 on December 14, 2010, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public Start Printed Page 10067comment until March 25, 2011. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10. To ensure that comments on the information collection are received, OMB recommends that written comments be faxed to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, OMB, Attn: DOJ Desk Officer, Fax: 202-395-7285, or be e-mailed to email@example.com. All comments should be identified with the OMB control number [1140-0078]. Also, include the DOJ docket number found in brackets in the heading of this document. If you have questions concerning the collection, please contact William Miller, William.Miller@atf.gov or the DOJ Desk Officer at 202-395-3176.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Limited Permittee Transaction Record.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: None. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for-profit. Other: Individuals or households. Abstract: The purpose of this collection is to ensure that records are available for tracing explosive materials when necessary and to ensure that limited permittees do not exceed their maximum allotment of receipts of explosive materials.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: There will be an estimated 5,000 respondents, who will spend approximately 5 minutes to receive, file, and forward the appropriate documentation.
(6) An estimate of the total burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 12,000 total burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Lynn Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Policy and Planning Staff, Justice Management Division, Two Constitution Square, Room 2E-502, 145 N Street, NE., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: February 16, 2011.
Department Clearance Officer, PRA, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2011-3952 Filed 2-22-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P