Notice of request for public comments.
The Department of State is seeking Office of Management and Budget (OMB) approval for the information collection described below. The purpose of this notice is to allow 60 days for public comment in the Federal Register preceding submission to OMB. We are conducting this process in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
- Title of Information Collection: Overseas Schools Grant Request Automated Submissions Program (GRASP).
- OMB Control Number: 1405-0036.
- Type of Request: Extension of a Currently Approved Collection.
- Originating Office: Bureau of Administration, A/OPR/OS.
- Form Number: DS-573, DS-574, DS-575, and DS-576.
- Respondents: Recipients of grants.
- Estimated Number of Respondents: 196.
- Estimated Number of Responses: 196.
- Average Hours per Response: 90 minutes.
- Total Estimated Burden: 294.
- Frequency: Annually.
- Obligation to Respond: Required to Obtain a benefit.
The Department will accept comments from the public up to 60 days from February 24, 2011.
Public comments, or requests for additional information, regarding the collection listed in this notice, should be directed to Keith D. Miller, Office of Overseas Schools.
You may submit comments by any of the following methods:
- E-mail: email@example.com.
- Mail (paper, disk, or CD-ROM submissions): Keith D. Miller, Office of Overseas Schools, U.S. Department of State, Room H-328, 2301 C Street, NW., Washington, DC 20522-0132.
- Fax: 202-261-8224.
- Hand Delivery or Courier: Keith D. Miller, Office of Overseas Schools, U.S. Department of State, Room H-328, 2401 E Street, NW., Washington, DC 20037.
You must include the DS form number (if applicable), information collection Start Printed Page 10422title, and OMB control number in any correspondence.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Direct requests for additional information regarding the collection listed in this notice, including requests for copies of the proposed information collection and supporting documents, to Keith D. Miller, Office of Overseas Schools, U.S. Department of State, Room H-328, 2301 C Street, NW., Washington, DC 20522-0132, who may be reached on 202-261-8200 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
We are soliciting public comments to permit the Department to:
- Evaluate whether the proposed information collection is necessary for the proper performance of our functions.
- Evaluate the accuracy of our estimate of the burden of the proposed collection, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used.
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected.
- Minimize the reporting burden on those who are to respond, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of technology.
Abstract of proposed collection:
The Office of Overseas Schools of the Department of State (A/OPR/OS) is responsible for determining that adequate educational opportunities exist at Foreign Service posts for dependents of U.S. Government personnel stationed abroad and for assisting American-sponsored overseas schools to demonstrate U.S. educational philosophy and practice. The information gathered enables A/OPR/OS to advise the Department and other foreign affairs agencies regarding current and constantly changing conditions, and enables A/OPR/OS to make judgments regarding assistance to schools for the improvement of educational opportunities.
Information is collected via electronic media.
Additional Information:Start Signature
Dated: February 18, 2011.
Acting Executive Director, Bureau of Administration, Department of State.
[FR Doc. 2011-4156 Filed 2-23-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4710-24-P