Notice of request for public comments.
The Department of State is seeking Office of Management and Budget (OMB) approval for the information collection described below. The purpose of this notice is to allow 60 days for public comment in the Federal Register preceding submission to OMB. We are conducting this process in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
- Title of Information Collection: Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of Policy and Evaluation, Evaluation Division: Sports & Culture Evaluation Sports Surveys.
- OMB Control Number: None.
- Type of Request: New Collection.
- Originating Office: Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of Policy and Evaluation, Evaluation Division (ECA/P/V)
- Form Number: Survey numbers (SV-yyyy-####) will be generated as needed.
- Respondents: Sports Visitors Program and the International Sports Grants Initiative participants conducted by ECA from 2008 through 2009.
- Estimated Number of Respondents: 235 annually (Sports Grants:140, Sports Visitors:95)
- Estimated Number of Responses: 235 annually (Sports Grants: 140, Sports Visitors: 95)
- Average Hours Per Response: 35 minutes (Sports Grants: 35, Sports Visitors: 35)
- Total Estimated Burden: 137 hours annually (Sports Grants: 82, Sports Visitors: 55)
- Frequency: On-occasion.
- Obligation to Respond: Voluntary.
The Department will accept comments from the public up to 60 days from March 22, 2011.
You may submit comments by any of the following methods:
- E-mail: HaleMJ2@state.gov.
- Mail (paper, disk, or CD-ROM submissions): ECA/P/V, SA-5, C2 Floor, Department of State, Washington, DC 20522-0505.
- Fax: 202-632-6320.
- Hand Delivery or Courier: ECA/P/V, SA-5, C2 Floor, Department of State, 2200 C Street, NW., Washington, DC 20037.
You must include the DS form number (if applicable), information collection title, and OMB control number in any correspondence.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Direct requests for additional information regarding the collection listed in this notice, including requests for copies of the proposed information collection and supporting documents, to Michelle Hale, ECA/P/V, SA-5, C2 Floor, Department of State, Washington, DC 20522-0582, who may be reached on 202-632-6312 or at HaleMJ2@state.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
We are soliciting public comments to permit the Department to:
- Evaluate whether the proposed information collection is necessary for the proper performance of our functions.
- Evaluate the accuracy of our estimate of the burden of the proposed collection, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used.
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected.
- Minimize the reporting burden on those who are to respond, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of technology.
Abstract of proposed collection:
To meet OMB and Congressional reporting requirements, this request for a new information collection clearance will allow ECA/P/V as part of their larger Sports and Culture Evaluation to conduct a survey of exchange participants who participated in either the Sports Visitors Program or the International Sports Grants Initiative. Collecting this data will help ECA/P/V assess and measure these programs' effectiveness and impact, as well as provide valuable feedback on the programs from the participants' perspective. The respondents will be exchange program participants that came on either the Sports Visitors Program or the International Sports Grants Initiative program between the years of 2008 and 2009.
Evaluation data will be entirely collected through an electronic survey conducted via Zoomerang, an on-line surveying tool.Start Signature
Dated: March 4, 2011.
Acting Director of the Office of Policy and Evaluation, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Department of State.
[FR Doc. 2011-6698 Filed 3-21-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4710-05-P