Notice of request for public comment and submission to OMB of proposed collection of information.
The Department of State has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for Start Printed Page 17735approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
- Title of Information Collection: Foreign Service Officer Test Registration Form.
- OMB Control Number: 1405-0008.
- Type of Request: Extension of a Currently Approved Collection.
- Originating Office: Human Resources, HR/REE/BEX.
- Form Number: DS-1998E.
- Respondents: Registrants for the Foreign Service Officer Test.
- Estimated Number of Respondents: 30,000.
- Estimated Number of Responses: 30,000.
- Average Hours per Response: 2 hours.
- Total Estimated Burden: 60,000 hours.
- Frequency: Thrice annually.
- Obligation to Respond: Required to Obtain or Retain a Benefit.
Submit comments to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for up to 30 days from March 30, 2011.
Direct comments to the Department of State Desk Officer in the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs at the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). You may submit comments by any of the following methods:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include the DS form number, information collection title, and OMB control number in the subject line of your message.
- Fax: 202-395-5806. Attention: Desk Officer for Department of State.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
You may obtain copies of the proposed information collection and supporting documents from Sara Rosenberry, HR/REE/BEX, SA-1, 2401 E Street, H-518, Washington, DC 20522, tel: 202-203-5117 or at RossenberrySA@state.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
We are soliciting public comments to permit the Department to:
- Evaluate whether the proposed information collection is necessary to properly perform our functions.
- Evaluate the accuracy of our estimate of the burden of the proposed collection, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used.
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected.
- Minimize the reporting burden on those who are to respond.
Abstract of proposed collection: Individuals registering for the Foreign Service Officer Test will complete a Registration Form that consists of an application form that includes information about their name, age, Social Security Number, contact information, sex, race, national origin, disability, education and work history, and military experience. The information will be used to prepare and issue admission to the Foreign Service Officer Test, to assess registrants' qualifications for selection as a Foreign Service Officer, to provide data useful for improving future tests, and to conduct research studies based on the test results.
Methodology: Responses can be submitted electronically.Start Signature
Dated: March 14, 2011.
Executive Director, HR/EX, Department of State.
[FR Doc. 2011-7473 Filed 3-29-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4710-15-P