60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Investigator Integrity Questionnaire.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. This notice requests comments from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed information collection. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for “sixty days” until June 10, 2011. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Renee Reid, Renee.Reid@atf.gov, Chief, Personnel Security Branch, Room 1.E-300, 99 New York Ave, NE., Washington, DC 20226.
Written comments concerning this information collection should be sent to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget, Attn: DOJ Desk Officer. The best way to ensure your comments are received is to e-mail them to email@example.com or fax them to 202-395-7285. All comments should reference the 8 digit OMB number for the collection or the title of the collection. If you have questions concerning the collection, please call Renee Reid at 202-648-9620 or the DOJ Desk Officer at 202-395-3176.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed information collection are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Summary of Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Revision of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Investigator Integrity Questionnaire.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: ATF F 8620.7. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. Other: None.
Need for Collection: Start Printed Page 20010
ATF utilizes the services of contract investigators to conduct security/suitability investigations on prospective or current employees, as well as those contractors and consultants doing business with ATF. Persons interviewed by contract investigators will be randomly selected to voluntarily complete a questionnaire regarding the investigator's degree of professionalism.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 2,500 respondents will complete a 5 minute form.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 250 annual total burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Lynn Murray, Department Clearance Officer, Policy and Planning Staff, Justice Management Division, United States Department of Justice, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street, NE., Room 2E-808, Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: April 5, 2011.
Department Clearance Officer, PRA, Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2011-8486 Filed 4-8-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P