30-day Notice of information collection for renewal: Final Disposition Report (R-84).
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division will be submitting the following information collection renewal to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review in accordance with established review procedures of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. The information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 26, Page 6827, on February 8, 2011, allowing for a 60-day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until May 11, 2011. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments concerning this information collection should be sent to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget, Attn: DOJ Desk Officer. The best way to ensure your comments are received is to e-mail them to email@example.com or fax them to 202-395-7285. All comments should reference the 8 digit OMB number for the collection or the title of the collection. If you have questions concerning the collection, please call Rachel K. Hurst at 1-304-625-2000 or the DOJ Desk Officer at 202-395-3176.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have a practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;Start Printed Page 20044
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques of other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of information collection: Approval of existing collection in use without an OMB control number.
(2) The title of the form/collection: Final Disposition Report.
(3) The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the department sponsoring the collection: R-84 (Final Disposition Report); CJIS Division, FBI, DOJ.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: City, county, state, federal and tribal law enforcement agencies. This collection is needed to report completion of an arrest record. Acceptable data is stored as part of the Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System (IAFIS) of the FBI.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: There are approximately 71,757 agencies as respondents at five minutes per Final Disposition Report completed.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with this collection: There are approximately 54,167 annual burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Lynn Murray, Department Clearance Officer, Policy and Planning Staff, Justice Management Division, United States Department of Justice, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street, NE., Room 808, Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: April 5, 2011.
Department Clearance Officer, PRA, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2011-8488 Filed 4-8-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-02-P