U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of pending NRC action to submit an information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC invites public comment about our intention to request the OMB's approval for renewal of an existing information collection that is summarized below. We are required to publish this notice in the Federal Register under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35).
Information pertaining to the requirement to be submitted:
1. The title of the information collection: NRC Form 536, “Operator Licensing Examination Data.”
2. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0131.
3. How often the collection is required: Annually.
4. Who is required or asked to report: All holders of operating licenses for nuclear power reactors under the Start Printed Page 26319provision of Title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations (10 CFR) Part 50, “Domestic Licensing of Production and Utilization Facilities,” except those who have permanently ceased operations and have certified that fuel has been permanently removed from the reactor vessel, and all holders of or applicants for a limited work authorization, early site permits, or combined license issued under 10 CFR Part 52, “Licenses, Certifications and Approval for Nuclear Power Plants.”
5. The number of annual respondents: 110.
6. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 110.
7. Abstract: The NRC is requesting renewal of its clearance to annually request all commercial power reactor licensees and applicants for an operating license to voluntarily send to the NRC: (1) Their projected number of candidates for initial operator licensing examinations; (2) the estimated dates of the examinations; (3) if the examinations will be facility developed or NRC developed; and (4) the estimated number of individuals that will participate in the Generic Fundamentals Examination (GFE) for that calendar year. Except for the GFE, this information is used to plan budgets and resources in regard to operator examination scheduling in order to meet the needs of the nuclear power industry.
Submit, by July 5, 2011, comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
The public may examine and have copied, for a fee, publicly available documents, including the draft supporting statement, at the NRC's Public Document Room, Room O-1F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852. The OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC Web site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice. Comments submitted in writing or in electronic form will be made available for public inspection. Because your comments will not be edited to remove any identifying or contact information, the NRC cautions you against including any information in your submission that you do not want to be publicly disclosed. Comments submitted should reference Docket No. NRC-2011-0092. You may submit your comments by any of the following methods. Electronic comments: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket No. NRC-2011-0092. Mail comments to NRC Clearance Officer, Tremaine Donnell (T-5F53), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001. Questions about the information collection requirements may be directed to the NRC Clearance Officer, Tremaine Donnell (T-5F53), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001, by telephone at 301-415-6258, or by e-mail to INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@NRC.GOV.Start Signature
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 2011-11109 Filed 5-5-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P