This site displays a prototype of a “Web 2.0” version of the daily Federal Register. It is not an official legal edition of the Federal Register, and does not replace the official print version or the official electronic version on GPO’s govinfo.gov.
The documents posted on this site are XML renditions of published Federal Register documents. Each document posted on the site includes a link to the corresponding official PDF file on govinfo.gov. This prototype edition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov will remain an unofficial informational resource until the Administrative Committee of the Federal Register (ACFR) issues a regulation granting it official legal status. For complete information about, and access to, our official publications and services, go to About the Federal Register on NARA's archives.gov.
The OFR/GPO partnership is committed to presenting accurate and reliable regulatory information on FederalRegister.gov with the objective of establishing the XML-based Federal Register as an ACFR-sanctioned publication in the future. While every effort has been made to ensure that the material on FederalRegister.gov is accurately displayed, consistent with the official SGML-based PDF version on govinfo.gov, those relying on it for legal research should verify their results against an official edition of the Federal Register. Until the ACFR grants it official status, the XML rendition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov does not provide legal notice to the public or judicial notice to the courts.
Notice of request for public comment and submission to OMB of proposed collection of information.
The Department of State has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
- Title of Information Collection: J-1 Visa Waiver Recommendation Application.Start Printed Page 35507
- OMB Control Number: 1405-0135.
- Type of Request: Extension of a Currently Approved Collection.
- Originating Office: Bureau Of Consular Affairs, Department of State (CA/VO).
- Form Number: DS-3035.
- Respondents: J-1 visa holders applying for a waiver of the two-year foreign residence requirement.
- Estimated Number of Respondents: 10,000.
- Estimated Number of Responses: 10,000.
- Average Hours per Response: 1 hour.
- Total Estimated Burden: 10,000 hours.
- Frequency: On occasion.
- Obligation to Respond: Required to Obtain or Retain a Benefit.
Submit comments to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for up to 30 days from June 17, 2011.
Direct comments to the Department of State Desk Officer in the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs at the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). You may submit comments by the following methods:
- E-mail: email@example.com. You must include the DS form number, information collection title, and OMB control number in the subject line of your message.
- Fax: 202-395-5806. Attention: Desk Officer for Department of State.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
You may obtain copies of the proposed information collection and supporting documents from Stefanie Claus of the Office of Visa Services, U.S. Department of State, 2401 E Street, NW. L-603, Washington, DC 20520, who may be reached at (202) 663-2910.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
We are soliciting public comments to permit the Department to:
- Evaluate whether the proposed information collection is necessary to properly perform our functions.
- Evaluate the accuracy of our estimate of the burden of the proposed collection, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used.
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected.
- Minimize the reporting burden on those who are to respond.
Abstract of Proposed Collection
Form DS-3035 is used to determine the eligibility of a J-1 visa holder for a waiver of the two-year foreign residence requirement.
Form DS-3035 will be mailed to the Waiver Review Division of the State Department.Start Signature
Dated: June 7, 2011.
David T. Donahue,
Deputy Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Department of State.
[FR Doc. 2011-15073 Filed 6-16-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4710-06-P