30-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: OMB 22, National Interest Waivers; Supplemental Evidence to I-140 and I-485; OMB Control No. 1615-0063.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance Start Printed Page 39414with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on April 28, 201 at 76 FR 23832, allowing for a 60-day public comment period. USCIS received comments from one commenter. A discussion of the comments and USCIS' responses are addressed in item 8 of the supporting statement that can be viewed at: http://www.regulations.gov.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until August 5, 2011. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) USCIS Desk Officer. Comments may be submitted to: USCIS, Chief, Regulatory Products Division, Office of the Executive Secretariat, 20 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20529-2020. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to 202-272-8352 or via e-mail at USCISFRComment@dhs.gov, and to the OMB USCIS Desk Officer via facsimile at 202-395-5806 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When submitting comments by e-mail please make sure to add OMB Control Number 1615-0063 in the subject box. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: National Interest Waivers; Supplemental Evidence to I-140 and I-485.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: No Agency Form Number; File No. OMB-22. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or Households. The supplemental documentation will be used by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services to determine eligibility for national interest waiver requests and to finalize the request for adjustment to lawful permanent resident status.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 8,000 responses, two responses per respondent, at one (1) hour per response.
An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 16,000 annual burden hours.
If you need a copy of the information collection instrument, please visit the Web site at: http://www.regulations.gov/
We may also be contacted at: USCIS, Regulatory Products Division, Office of the Executive Secretariat, 20 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20529-2020, Telephone number 202-272-8377.Start Signature
Dated: June 30, 2011.
Chief, Regulatory Products Division, Office of the Executive Secretariat, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. 2011-16871 Filed 7-5-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-97-P