60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. This notice requests comments from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed information collection. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for “sixty days” until October 14, 2011. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments concerning this information collection should be sent to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget, Attn: DOJ Desk Officer. The best way to ensure your comments are received is to e-mail them to email@example.com or fax them to 202-395-7285. All comments should reference the 8 digit OMB number for the collection or the title of the collection. If you have comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Thomas DiDomenico, AFMERQuestions@atf.gov, Firearms & Explosives Service Division, 244 Needy Road, Martinsburg, West Virginia, 25405 or call the DOJ Desk Officer at 202-395-3176.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed information collection are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Summary of Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Revision of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Annual Firearms Manufacturing and Exportation Report Under 18 U.S.C. chapter 44 Firearms
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: ATF F 5300.11. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for-profit. Other: Federal Government, State, Local, or Tribal Government.
Need for Collection
The Annual Firearms Manufacturing and Exportation Report (AFMER) primary purpose is to collect and disseminate data regarding the number of firearms produced by licensed manufacturers within one calendar year. The information from the AFMER report is used to compile statistics on the manufacture and exportation of firearms.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 4,300 respondents will complete a 20 minute form.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 1,433 annual total burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, Policy and Planning Staff, Justice Management Division, United States Department of Justice, Two Constitution Square, Room 2E-508, Start Printed Page 50498145 N Street, NE., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Department Clearance Officer, PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2011-20627 Filed 8-12-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FYP