Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).Start Printed Page 51028
This notice announces receipt of applications to register new uses for pesticide products containing currently registered active ingredients, pursuant to the provisions of section 3(c) of the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), as amended. EPA is publishing this notice of such applications, pursuant to section 3(c)(4) of FIFRA.
Comments must be received on or before September 16, 2011.
Submit your comments, identified by the docket identification (ID) number specified by one of the following methods:
- Federal eRulemaking Portal: http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the on-line instructions for submitting comments.
- Mail: Office of Pesticide Programs (OPP) Regulatory Public Docket (7502P), Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460-0001.
- Delivery: OPP Regulatory Public Docket (7502P), Environmental Protection Agency, Rm. S-4400, One Potomac Yard (South Bldg.), 2777 S. Crystal Dr., Arlington, VA. Deliveries are only accepted during the Docket Facility's normal hours of operation (8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays). Special arrangements should be made for deliveries of boxed information. The Docket Facility telephone number is (703) 305-5805.
Instructions: Direct your comments to the docket ID number specified for the pesticide of interest as shown in the registration application summaries. EPA's policy is that all comments received will be included in the docket without change and may be made available on-line at http://www.regulations.gov, including any personal information provided, unless the comment includes information claimed to be Confidential Business Information (CBI) or other information whose disclosure is restricted by statute. Do not submit information that you consider to be CBI or otherwise protected through regulations.gov or e-mail. The regulations.gov Web site is an “anonymous access” system, which means EPA will not know your identity or contact information unless you provide it in the body of your comment. If you send an e-mail comment directly to EPA without going through regulations.gov, your e-mail address will be automatically captured and included as part of the comment that is placed in the docket and made available on the Internet. If you submit an electronic comment, EPA recommends that you include your name and other contact information in the body of your comment and with any disk or CD-ROM you submit. If EPA cannot read your comment due to technical difficulties and cannot contact you for clarification, EPA may not be able to consider your comment. Electronic files should avoid the use of special characters, any form of encryption, and be free of any defects or viruses.
Docket: All documents in the docket are listed in the docket index available at http://www.regulations.gov. Although listed in the index, some information is not publicly available, e.g., CBI or other information whose disclosure is restricted by statute. Certain other material, such as copyrighted material, is not placed on the Internet and will be publicly available only in hard copy form. Publicly available docket materials are available either in the electronic docket at http://www.regulations.gov, or, if only available in hard copy, at the OPP Regulatory Public Docket in Rm. S-4400, One Potomac Yard (South Bldg.), 2777 S. Crystal Dr., Arlington, VA. The hours of operation of this Docket Facility are from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The Docket Facility telephone number is (703) 305-5805.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
A contact person is listed at the end of each registration application summary and may be contacted by telephone or e-mail. The mailing address for each contact person listed is: Registration Division (7505P), Office of Pesticide Programs, Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460-0001.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
I. General Information
A. Does this action apply to me?
You may be potentially affected by this action if you are an agricultural producer, food manufacturer, or pesticide manufacturer. Potentially affected entities may include, but are not limited to:
- Crop production (NAICS code 111).
- Animal production (NAICS code 112).
- Food manufacturing (NAICS code 311).
- Pesticide manufacturing (NAICS code 32532).
This listing is not intended to be exhaustive, but rather provides a guide for readers regarding entities likely to be affected by this action. Other types of entities not listed in this unit could also be affected. The North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) codes have been provided to assist you and others in determining whether this action might apply to certain entities. If you have any questions regarding the applicability of this action to a particular entity, consult the person listed under FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT.
B. What should I consider as I prepare my comments for EPA?
1. Submitting CBI. Do not submit this information to EPA through regulations.gov or e-mail. Clearly mark the part or all of the information that you claim to be CBI. For CBI information in a disk or CD-ROM that you mail to EPA, mark the outside of the disk or CD-ROM as CBI and then identify electronically within the disk or CD-ROM the specific information that is claimed as CBI. In addition to one complete version of the comment that includes information claimed as CBI, a copy of the comment that does not contain the information claimed as CBI must be submitted for inclusion in the public docket. Information so marked will not be disclosed except in accordance with procedures set forth in 40 CFR part 2.
2. Tips for preparing your comments. When submitting comments, remember to:
i. Identify the document by docket ID number and other identifying information (subject heading, Federal Register date and page number). If you are commenting on a docket that addresses multiple products, please indicate to which registration number(s) your comment applies.
ii. Follow directions. The Agency may ask you to respond to specific questions or organize comments by referencing a Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) part or section number.
iii. Explain why you agree or disagree; suggest alternatives and substitute language for your requested changes.
iv. Describe any assumptions and provide any technical information and/or data that you used.
v. If you estimate potential costs or burdens, explain how you arrived at your estimate in sufficient detail to allow for it to be reproduced.
vi. Provide specific examples to illustrate your concerns and suggest alternatives.
vii. Explain your views as clearly as possible, avoiding the use of profanity or personal threats.
viii. Make sure to submit your comments by the comment period deadline identified.Start Printed Page 51029
II. Registration Applications for New Uses
EPA received applications as follows to register pesticide products containing currently registered active ingredients pursuant to the provisions of section 3(c) of FIFRA, and is publishing this notice of such applications pursuant to section 3(c)(4) of FIFRA. Notice of receipt of these applications does not imply a decision by the Agency on the applications.
1. Registration Number: 241-245. Docket Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2011-0521. Company name and address: BASF Corporation; 26 Davis Dr., Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. Active ingredient: Pendimethalin. Proposed Use(s): Brassica leafy greens, edamame, leaf lettuce, melons, turnip greens, and vine climbing small fruits. Contact: Hope Johnson, Registration Division, (703) 305-5410, email@example.com.
2. Registration Number: 241-418. Docket Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2011-0521. Company name and address: BASF Corporation; 26 Davis Dr., Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. Active ingredient: Pendimethalin. Proposed Use(s): Amur river grape, broccoli raab, cantaloupe, Chinese cabbage (bok choy), citron melon, collards, fuzzy kiwifruit, gooseberry, hardy kiwifruit, kale, leaf lettuce, maypop, mizuna, muskmelon, mustard greens, mustard spinach, rape greens, schisandra berry, turnip greens, vegetable soybean (edamame) and watermelon. Contact: Hope Johnson, Registration Division, (703) 305-5410, firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Registration Numbers: 352-529, 352-571. Docket Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2011-0564. Company name and address: E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company. 1007 Market St., Wilmington, DE 19898. Active ingredient: Thifensulfuron-methyl. Proposed Use(s): Sulfonylurea-tolerant chicory . Contact: Mindy Ondish, Registration Division, (703) 605-0723, email@example.com.
4. Registration Numbers: 352-555, 352-571. Docket Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2011-0563. Company name and address: E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company. 1007 Market St., Wilmington, DE 19898. Active ingredient: Rimsulfuron. Proposed Use(s): Sulfonylurea-tolerant chicory. Contact: Mindy Ondish, Registration Division, (703) 605-0723, firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. File Symbol: 352-IUR. Docket Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2011-0591. Company name and address: DuPont Crop Protection, Stein Haskell Research Center, P.O. Box 30, Newark, DE 19714-0030. Active ingredient: Chlorantraniliprole. Proposed Use(s): Field corn seed treatment. Contact: Rita Kumar, Registration Division, (703) 308-8291, email@example.com.Start List of Subjects
List of SubjectsEnd List of Subjects Start Signature
Dated: August 3, 2011.
Director, Registration Division, Office of Pesticide Programs.
[FR Doc. 2011-20595 Filed 8-16-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-P