60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review; Form N-300, Application to File Declaration of Intention; OMB Control No. 1615-0078.
The Department Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will be submitting the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection is published to obtain comments from the Start Printed Page 52962public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until October 24, 2011.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), USCIS, Chief, Regulatory Products Division, Office of the Executive Secretariat, Clearance Officer, 20 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20529-2020. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to 202-272-0997 or via e-mail at email@example.com. When submitting comments by e-mail, please make sure to add OMB Control No. 1615-0078 in the subject box.
The address listed in this notice should only be used to submit comments concerning this information collection. Please do not submit requests for individual case status inquiries to this address. If you are seeking information about the status of your individual case, please check “My Case Status” online at : https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do, or call the USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Revision of an existing information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Application to File Declaration of Intention.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form N-300; U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. Form N-300 will be used by permanent residents to file a declaration of intention to become a citizen of the United States. This collection is also used to satisfy documentary requirements for those seeking to work in certain occupations or professions, or to obtain various licenses.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 85 responses at .75 hours (45 minutes) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 64 annual burden hours.
If you need a copy of the information collection instrument, please visit the Web site at: http://www.regulations.gov/.
We may also be contacted at: USCIS, Regulatory Products Division, Office of the Executive Secretariat, 20 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20529-2020, Telephone number 202-272-8377.Start Signature
Dated: August 18, 2011.
Management and Program Analyst, Regulatory Products Division, Office of the Executive Secretariat, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. 2011-21584 Filed 8-23-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-97-P