Corporation for National and Community Service.
The Corporation for National and Community Service (hereinafter the “Corporation”), has submitted a public information collection request (ICR) entitled Current Population Survey Civic Engagement Supplement for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, Public Law 104-13, (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). Copies of this ICR, with applicable supporting documentation, may be obtained by calling the Corporation for National and Community Service, Nathan Dietz, at (202) 606-6633 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals who use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TTY-TDD) may call (202) 606-3472 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.
Comments may be submitted, identified by the title of the information collection activity, to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attn: Ms. Sharon Mar, OMB Desk Officer for the Corporation for National and Community Service, by any of the following two methods within 30 days from the date of publication in the Federal Register:
(1) By fax to: (202) 395-6974, Attention: Ms. Sharon Mar, OMB Desk Officer for the Corporation for National and Community Service; and
(2) Electronically by e-mail to: email@example.com.End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The OMB is particularly interested in comments which:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Corporation, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Propose ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Propose ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses.
A 60-day public comment Notice was published in the Federal Register on June 17, 2011. This comment period ended August 16, 2011. No public comments were received from this Notice.
Description: The Corporation is seeking approval for the Civic Engagement Supplement, which is conducted by the U.S. Census Bureau in conjunction with the annual November Current Population Survey (CPS). The Civic Engagement Supplement provides information on the extent to which American communities are places where individuals are civically active. The Corporation uses the Civic Start Printed Page 53118Engagement Supplement to collect data for the Civic Health Assessment, an annual report that is mandated by the Serve America Act.
Type of Review: Renewal.
Agency: Corporation for National and Community Service.
Title: Current Population Survey Civic Engagement Supplement.
OMB Number: # 0607-0466 [existing Census clearance number].
Agency Number: None.
Affected Public: Individuals or households.
Total Respondents: 54,000.
Average Time Per Response: Ten minutes per household.
Estimated Total Burden Hours: 9,000 hours.
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): None.
Total Burden Cost (operating/maintenance): None.Start Signature
Dated: August 22, 2011.
Director of Strategic Initiatives, Strategy Office.
[FR Doc. 2011-21734 Filed 8-24-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6050-$$-P