Notice of request for public comments.
The Department of State is seeking Office of Management and Budget (OMB) approval for the information collection described below. The purpose of this notice is to allow 60 days for public comment in the Federal Register preceding submission to OMB. We are conducting this process in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
- Title of Information Collection: Medical History and Examination for Foreign Service.
- OMB Control Number: 1405-0068.
- Type of Request: Revision of Currently Approved Collection.
- Originating Office: Office of Medical Services, M/MED/C/MC.
- Form Number: DS-1622, DS-1843, DS-1622P, and DS-1843P.
- Respondents: Foreign Service Officers, State Department Employees, Other Government. Employees and Family Members of Foreign Affairs Agencies.
- Estimated Number of Respondents: 8,000 per year.
- Estimated Number of Responses 8,000 per year.
- Average Hours per Response: 1.0 hours per response.
- Total Estimated Burden: 8,000 hours.
- Frequency: On occasion.
- Obligation to Respond: Mandatory.
The Department will accept comments 30 days from date of in the Federal Register.
Direct comments to the Department of State Desk Officer in the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs at the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). You may submit comments by any of the following methods:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include the DS form number, information collection title, and OMB control number in the subject line of your message.
- Fax: 202-395-5806
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Direct requests for additional information regarding the collection listed in this notice, including requests for copies of the proposed information collection and supporting documents, to Department of State, Office of Medical Clearances, SA 15 A 1800 North Kent St. Rosslyn, Virginia 22209 (ATTN: Barbara Mahoney), who may be reached at 703-875-5413 or email@example.com.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
We are soliciting public comments to permit the Department to:
- Evaluate whether the proposed information collection is necessary for the proper performance of our functions.
- Evaluate the accuracy of our estimate of the burden of the proposed collection, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used.
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected.
- Minimize the reporting burden on those who are to respond, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of technology.
Abstract of Proposed Collection
Form DS-1622(P) and DS-1843(P) are designed to collect medical information to provide medical providers with current and adequate information to base decisions on medical suitability of a Foreign Service Officer or other federal employee and family members for assignment abroad. All forms will allow medical personnel to verify that there are sufficient medical resources at a diplomatic mission abroad to maintain the health and fitness of the individual and family members within the Department of State medical program.
The information collected will be collected through the use of an electronic forms engine or by hand written submission using a pre-printed form.Start Signature
Dated: August 3, 2011.
Joseph A. Kennedy,
Executive Director, Office of Medical Services, Department of State.
[FR Doc. 2011-23254 Filed 9-9-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4710-36-P