Grain Inspection, Packers and Stockyards Administration, USDA.
The designations of the official agencies listed below will end on March 31, 2012. We are asking persons or governmental agencies interested in providing official services in the areas presently served by these agencies to submit an application for designation. In addition, we are asking for comments on the quality of services provided by the following designated agencies: Grain Inspection, Inc. (Jamestown); Lincoln Inspection Service, Inc. (Lincoln); Midsouth Grain Inspection Service (Midsouth); and Sioux City Inspection and Weighing Service Company (Sioux City).
Applications and comments must be received by October 20, 2011.
Submit applications and comments concerning this notice using any of the following methods:
- Applying for Designation on the Internet: Use FGISOnline (https://fgis.gipsa.usda.gov/default_home_FGIS.aspx) and then click on the Delegations/Designations and Export Registrations (DDR) link. You will need to obtain an FGISOnline customer number and USDA eAuthentication username and password prior to applying.
- Submit Comments Using the Internet: Go to Regulations.gov (http://www.regulations.gov). Instructions for submitting and reading comments are detailed on the site.
- Hand Delivery/Courier Address: William A. Ashley, Acting Quality Assurance and Designation Branch Chief, Quality Assurance and Compliance Division, GIPSA, USDA, Room 1647-S, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW., Washington, DC 20250.Start Printed Page 58242
- Mail: William A. Ashley, Acting Quality Assurance and Designation Branch Chief, Quality Assurance and Compliance Division, GIPSA, USDA, STOP 3604, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW., Washington, DC 20250-3604.
- Fax: William A. Ashley, 202-690-2755.
- E-mail: William.A.Ashley@usda.gov.
Read Applications and Comments: All applications and comments will be available for public inspection at the office above during regular business hours (7 CFR 1.27(c)).Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
William A. Ashley, 202-720-8262 or William.A.Ashley@usda.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Section 7(f)(1) of the United States Grain Standards Act (USGSA) (7 U.S.C. 71-87k) authorizes GIPSA's Administrator to designate a qualified applicant to provide official services in a specified area after determining that the applicant is better able than any other applicant to provide such official services. Under section 7(g)(1) of the USGSA, designations of official agencies are effective for 3 years unless terminated by the Secretary, but may be renewed according to the criteria and procedures prescribed in section 7(f) of the Act.
Areas Open for Designation
Pursuant to Section 7(f)(2) of the Act, the following geographic areas, in the States of Minnesota and North Dakota, are assigned to this official agency.
- In Minnesota: Traverse, Grant, Douglas, Todd, Morrison, Mille Lacs, Kanabec, Pine, Big Stone, Stevens, Pope, Stearns, Benton, Isanti, Chisago, Swift, Kandiyohi, Meeker, Wright, Sherburne, Anoka, Lac Qui Parle, and Chippewa Counties.
- In North Dakota: Bounded on the North by Interstate 94 east to U.S. Route 85; U.S. Route 85 north to State Route 200; State Route 200 east to U.S. Route 83; U.S. Route 83 southeast to State Route 41; State Route 41 north to State Route 200; State Route 200 east to State Route 3; State Route 3 north to the northern Wells County line, the northern Wells and Eddy County lines east; the eastern Eddy County line south to the northern Griggs County line; the northern Griggs county line east to State Route 32; Bounded on the East by State Route 32 south to State Route 45; State Route 45 south to State Route 200; State Route 200 west to State Route 1; State Route 1 south to the Soo Railroad line; the Soo Railroad line southeast to Interstate 94; Interstate 94 west to State Route 1; State Route 1 south to the Dickey County line; Bounded on the South by the southern Dickey County line west to U.S. Route 281; U.S. Route 281 north to the Lamoure County line; the southern Lamoure County line; the southern Logan County line west to State Route l3; State Route l3 west to U.S. Route 83; U.S. Route 83 south to the Emmons County line; the southern Emmons County line; the southern Sioux County line west State Route 49; State Route 49 north to State Route 21; State Route 21 west to the Burlington-Northern line; the Burlington-Northern line northwest to State Route 22; State Route 22 south to U.S. Route 12; U.S. Route 12 west-northwest to the North Dakota State line; and Bounded on the West by the western North Dakota State line north to Interstate 94. Jamestown's assigned geographic area does not include the following grain elevators inside Jamestown's area which have been and will continue to be serviced by the following official agency: Minot Grain Inspection, Inc.: Benson Quinn Company, Underwood; and Falkirk Farmers Elevator, Washburn, both in McLean County; and Harvey Farmers Elevator, Harvey, Wells County.
Pursuant to Section 7(f)(2) of the Act, the following geographic area, in the States of Iowa and Nebraska, is assigned to this official agency:
- Bounded on the North (in Nebraska) by the northern York, Seward, and Lancaster County lines; the northern Cass County line east to the Missouri River; the Missouri River south to U.S. Route 34; (in Iowa) U.S. Route 34 east to Interstate 29; Bounded on the East by Interstate 29 south to the Fremont County line; the northern Fremont and Page County lines; the eastern Page County line south to the Iowa-Missouri State line; the Iowa-Missouri State line west to the Missouri River; the Missouri River south-southeast to the Nebraska-Kansas State line; Bounded on the South by the Nebraska-Kansas State line west to County Road 1 mile west of U.S. Route 81; and Bounded on the West (in Nebraska) by County Road 1 mile west of U.S. Route 81 north to State Highway 8; State Highway 8 east to U.S. Route 81; U.S. Route 81 north to the Thayer County line; the northern Thayer County line east; the western Saline County line; the southern and western York County lines.
Lincoln's assigned geographic area does not include the following grain elevators inside Lincoln's area which have been and will continue to be serviced by the following official agency: Omaha Grain Inspection Service, Inc.: Goode Seed & Grain, McPaul, Fremont County, Iowa; and Haveman Grain, Murray, Cass County, Nebraska.
Pursuant to Section 7(f)(2) of the Act, the following geographic areas, in the States of Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Texas, are assigned to this official agency.
- The entire State of Arkansas.
- The entire State of Mississippi, except those export port locations within the State.
- Carroll, Chester, Crockett, Dyer, Fayette, Gibson, Hardeman, Haywood, Henderson, Lauderdale, Madison, McNairy, Shelby, and Tipton Counties, Tennessee.
- Bowie and Cass Counties, Texas.
The following grain elevators, located outside of the above contiguous geographic area, are part of this geographic area assignment: Cargill, Inc., Tiptonville, Lake County, Tennessee (located inside Cairo Grain Inspection Agency, Inc.'s, area).
Pursuant to Section 7(f)(2) of the Act, the following geographic areas, in the States of Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, and South Dakota, are assigned to this official agency.
- In Iowa: Bounded on the North by the northern Iowa State line from the Big Sioux River east to U.S. Route 59; U.S. Route 59 south to B24; B24 east to the eastern O'Brien County line; the O'Brien County line south; the northern Buena Vista County line east to U.S. Route 71; U.S. Route 71 north to the northern Iowa State line east to U. S. Route 169; Bounded on the East by U.S. Route 169 south to State Route 9; State Route 9 west to U.S. Route 169; U.S. Route 169 south to the northern Humboldt County line; the Humboldt County line east to State Route 17; State Route 17 south to C54; C54 east to U.S. Route 69; U.S. Route 69 south to the northern Hamilton County line; the Hamilton County line west to R38; R38 south to U.S. Route 20; U.S. Route 20 west to the eastern and southern Webster County lines to U.S. Route 169; U.S. Route 169 south to E18; E18 west to the eastern Greene County line; the Greene County line south to U.S. Route 30; Bounded on the South by U.S. Route 30 west to E53; E53 west to N44; N44 north to U.S. Route 30; U.S. Route 30 west to U.S. Route 71; U.S. Route 71 north to the southern Sac and Ida County lines; the eastern Monona County line south to State Route 37; State Route 37 west to State Route 175; State Route 175 west to the Missouri Start Printed Page 58243River; and Bounded on the West by the Missouri River north to the Big Sioux River; the Big Sioux River north to the northern Iowa State line.
- In Minnesota: Yellow Medicine, Renville, Lincoln, Lyon, Redwood, Pipestone, Murray, Cottonwood, Rock, Nobles, Jackson, and Martin Counties. In Nebraska: Cedar, Dakota, Dixon, Pierce (north of U.S. Route 20), and Thurston Counties.
- In South Dakota: Bounded on the North by State Route 44 (U.S. 18) east to State Route 11; State Route 11 south to A54B; A54B east to the Big Sioux River; Bounded on the East by the Big Sioux River; and Bounded on the South and West by the Missouri River.
The following grain elevators, located outside of the above contiguous geographic area, are part of this geographic area assignment: West Central Coop, Boxholm, Boone County (located inside Central Iowa Grain Inspection Service, Inc.'s, area); and West Bend Elevator Co., Algona, Kossuth County; Stateline Coop., Burt, Kossuth County; Gold-Eagle, Goldfield, Wright County; and North Central Coop, Holmes, Wright County (located inside D. R. Schaal Agency's area).
Opportunity for Designation
Interested persons or governmental agencies may apply for designation to provide official services in the geographic areas specified above under the provisions of section 7(f) of the USGSA and 7 CFR 800.196(d). Designation in the specified geographic areas is for the period beginning April 1, 2012, and ending March 31, 2015. To apply for designation or for more information, contact William A. Ashley at the address listed above or visit GIPSA's Web site at http://www.gipsa.usda.gov.
Request for Comments
We are publishing this notice to provide interested persons the opportunity to comment on the quality of services provided by the Jamestown, Lincoln, Midsouth, and Sioux City official agencies. In the designation process, we are particularly interested in receiving comments citing reasons and pertinent data supporting or objecting to the designation of the applicants. Submit all comments to William A. Ashley at the above address or at http://www.regulations.gov.
We consider applications, comments, and other available information when determining which applicants will be designated.Start Signature
Acting Administrator, Grain Inspection, Packers, and Stockyards Administration.
[FR Doc. 2011-24040 Filed 9-19-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3410-KD-P