In accordance with Federal Advisory Committee Act (Pub. L. 92-463, as amended), the National Science Foundation announces the following meeting:
Name: Advisory Committee for Social, Behavioral and Economic Sciences (#1171)
Date/Time: November 3, 2011; 1 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. November 4, 2011; 8:45 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Place: National Science Foundation, 4201 Wilson Boulevard, Stafford II, Room 595, Arlington, VA 22230.
Type of Meeting: Open.
Contact Person: Ms. Lisa Jones, Office of the Assistant Director, Directorate for Social, Behavioral and Economic Sciences, National Science Foundation, 4201 Wilson Boulevard, Room 905, Arlington, Virginia 22230, 703-292-8700.
Summary of Minutes: May be obtained from contact person listed above.
Purpose of Meeting: To provide advice and recommendations to the National Science Foundation on major goals and policies pertaining to Social, Behavioral and Economic Sciences Directorate programs and activities.
Thursday, November 3, 2011
Updates and discussions on continuing activities
- Budget priorities for FY 2012
- New Staff
- New Directions in the Directorate for Education and Human Resources
- Interdisciplinary Training in SBE Science
Friday, November 4, 2011
Discussion With NSF Director and Deputy Director
Overview and Discussion
- National Center for Science and Engineering Statistics (NCSES) Update
- Strategic Plan for the Division of Behavioral and Cognitive Science
- SBE-Supported Surveys and Infrastructure
- Future membership of the Advisory Committee
Dated: October 17, 2011.
Committee Management Officer.
[FR Doc. 2011-27143 Filed 10-19-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7555-01-P