Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), DOT.
Notice of Limitation on Claims for Judicial Review of Actions by FHWA, Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), and Other Federal Agencies.
This notice announces actions taken by the FHWA that are final within the meaning of 23 U.S.C. 139(l)(1). The actions relate to a proposed highway project, US 41 (Memorial Drive to County M) in Brown County, Wisconsin. Those actions grant approvals for the project. The project will widen the US 41 freeway mainline from 4 to 6 lanes and add auxiliary lanes at certain locations along US 41 northbound and southbound from Memorial Drive to County M, The project will also reconstruct I-43 from US 41 to Atkinson Drive and reconstruct the Velp Avenue, I-43, and County M interchanges. The I-43/US 41 interchange will be reconstructed as a System Interchange with directional ramps and will include a realignment of the US 41 mainline, raising of the northbound gradeline, and elimination of existing access between Velp Avenue and I-43 via US 41. The project limits on US 41 extend from Memorial Drive to County M, a distance of approximately 3.5 miles and the project limits on I-43 extend from US 41 to Atkinson Drive, a distance of approximately 2 miles. The project also includes construction of roundabouts, construction of new bridges and replacement of existing bridges.
By this notice, the FHWA is advising the public of final agency actions subject to 23 U.S.C. 139(l)(1). A claim seeking judicial review of the Federal agency actions on the highway project will be barred unless the claim is filed within 180 days of publication of this Federal Register notice. If the Federal law that authorizes judicial review of a claim provides a time period of less than 180 days for filing such claim, then that shorter time period still applies.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Tracey Blankenship, Major Projects Program Manager, Federal Highway Administration, 525 Junction Road Suite 8000, Madison, Wisconsin 53717; telephone: (608) 829-7510 or, e-mail: Tracey.Blankenship@dot.gov. The FHWA Wisconsin Division's normal office hours are 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. central time. For the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT): Danielle Block, PE, Wisconsin Department of Transportation, US 41 Brown County Project Office, 1940 West Mason Street, Green Bay, Wisconsin 54303; telephone: (920) 492-2212; e-mail: Danielle.Block@dot.wi.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Notice is hereby given that FHWA has taken final agency actions subject to 23 U.S.C. 139(l)(1) by issuing approvals for the following highway project: US 41 (Memorial Drive to County M), Brown County, Wisconsin, Project I.D. 1133-10-01. The project involves providing additional capacity on approximately 3.5 miles of US 41 from Memorial Drive to County M, reconstructing approximately 2 miles of I-43 from US 41 to Atkinson Drive, and reconstructing the Velp Avenue, IH-43, and County M interchanges on US 41. The actions taken by FHWA, and laws under which such actions were taken, are described in the Final Environmental Impact Statement (FEIS) for the project, approved on July 7, 2011 (FHWA-WI-EIS-11-01-F), in the Record of Decision (ROD) issued on October 4, 2011, and in other documents in the FHWA/WisDOT administrative record for the project. The FEIS, ROD, and other project records are available by contacting FHWA or WisDOT at the addresses provided above.
The FEIS can also be viewed on the project Web site: http://www.us41wisconsin.gov/overview/special-project-features/envdocsmemorialdrtocountym.
This notice applies to all Federal agency decisions as of the issuance date of this notice and all laws under which such actions were taken, including but not limited to:
2. Air: Clean Air Act [42 U.S.C. 7401-7671(q)].
3. Land: Section 4(f) of the Department of Transportation Act of 1966 [23 U.S.C. 138 and 49 U.S.C. 303], Section 6(f) of the Land and Water Conservation Act as amended [16 U.S.C. 4601], Farmland Protection Policy Act of 1980 [7 U.S.C. 4201-4209], and National Trails System Act [16 U.S.C. 1241-1249].
5. Historic and Cultural Resources: Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966, as amended [16 U.S.C. 470(f) et seq.]; Archeological Resources Protection Act of 1977 [16 U.S.C. 470(aa)-470(ll)]; Archeological and Historic Preservation Act [16 U.S.C. 469-469(c)]; Native American Grave Protection and Repatriation Act [25 U.S.C. 3001 et seq.].
6. Social and Economic: Civil Rights Act of 1964 [42 U.S.C. 2000(d) et. seq.]; American Indian Religious Freedom Act [42 U.S.C. 1996]; Americans with Disabilities Act [42 U.S.C. 12101]; Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Act of 1970 [42 U.S.C. 4601 et seq. as amended by the Uniform Relocation Act Amendments of 1987 [Pub. L. 100-17].
7. Wetlands and Water Resources: Clean Water Act (Section 404, Section 401, Section 319) [33 U.S.C. 1251-1376]; Land and Water Conservation Fund [16 U.S.C. 460l-4 to 460l-11]; Safe Drinking Water Act [42 U.S.C. 300(f)-Start Printed Page 65777300(j)(6)]; TEA-21 Wetlands Mitigation [23 U.S.C. 103(b)(6)(m), 133(b)(11)]; Flood Disaster Protection Act, [42 U.S.C. 4001-4128]; Emergency Wetlands Resources Act, [16 U.S.C. 3921, 3931].
8. Hazardous Materials: Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act of 1980 (CERCLA) as amended [42 U.S.C. 9601-9657]; Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act of 1986 [Pub. L. 99-499]; Resource Conservation and Recovery Act [42 U.S.C. 6901 et. seq.].
9. Executive Orders: E.O. 11990 Protection of Wetlands; E.O. 11988 Floodplain Management as amended by E.O. 12148; E.O. 12898, Federal Actions to Address Environmental Justice in Minority Populations and Low Income Populations; E.O. 11593 Protection and Enhancement of Cultural Resources; E.O. 13007 Indian Sacred Sites; E.O. 13287 Preserve America; E.O. 13175 Consultation and Coordination with Indian Tribal Governments; E.O. 11514 Protection and Enhancement of Environmental Quality; E.O. 13112 Invasive Species.
(Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance Program Number 20.205, Highway Planning and Construction. The regulations implementing Executive Order 12372 regarding intergovernmental consultation on Federal programs and activities apply to this program.)Start Signature
Issued on: October 13, 2011.
Major Projects Program Manager, FHWA Wisconsin Division, Madison, Wisconsin.
[FR Doc. 2011-27358 Filed 10-21-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4910-RY-P