Office of the Assistant Secretary for Housing—Federal Housing Commissioner, HUD.
Notice of sale of mortgage loans.
Start Printed Page 71594
This notice announces HUD's intention to sell certain unsubsidized multifamily and healthcare mortgage loans, without Federal Housing Administration (FHA) insurance, in a competitive, sealed bid sale (MHLS 2012-1). This notice also describes generally the bidding process for the sale and certain persons who are ineligible to bid.
The Bidder's Information Package (BIP) will be made available to qualified bidders on November 16, 2011. Bids for the loans must be submitted on the bid date, which is currently scheduled for December 14, 2011. HUD anticipates that awards will be made on or before December 15, 2011. Closings are expected to take place between December 21, 2011 and January 6, 2012.
To become a qualified bidder and receive the BIP, prospective bidders must complete, execute, and submit a Confidentiality Agreement and a Qualification Statement acceptable to HUD. Both documents will be available on the HUD Web site at http://www.hud.gov/fhaloansales. Please mail and fax executed documents to KDX Ventures: KDX Ventures, c/o The Debt Exchange, 133 Federal Street 10th Floor, Boston, MA 02111, Attention: MLS 2012-1 Sale Coordinator, Fax: 1-(617) 531-3499.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
John Lucey, Deputy Director, Asset Sales Office, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, 451 Seventh Street, SW., Room 3136, Washington, DC 20410-8000; telephone (202) 708-2625, extension 3927. Hearing- or speech-impaired individuals may call (202) 708-4594 (TTY). These are not toll-free numbers.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
HUD announces its intention to sell in MHLS 2012-1 certain unsubsidized mortgage loans (Mortgage Loans) secured by multifamily and healthcare properties located throughout the United States. The Mortgage Loans are comprised of non-performing mortgage loans. A final listing of the Mortgage Loans will be included in the BIP. The Mortgage Loans will be sold without FHA insurance and with servicing released. HUD will offer qualified bidders an opportunity to bid competitively on the Mortgage Loans.
The Mortgage Loans may be stratified for bidding purposes into several mortgage loan pools. Each pool may contain Mortgage Loans that generally have similar performance, property type, geographic location, lien position and other characteristics. Qualified bidders may submit bids on one or more pools of Mortgage Loans or may bid on individual loans. A mortgagor who is a qualified bidder may submit an individual bid on its own Mortgage Loan. Interested Mortgagors should review the Qualification Statement to determine whether they may also be eligible to qualify to submit bids on one or more pools of Mortgage Loans or on individual loans in MHLS 2012-1.
The Bidding Process
The BIP will describe in detail the procedure for bidding in MHLS 2012-1. The BIP will also include a standardized non-negotiable loan sale agreement (Loan Sale Agreement).
As part of its bid, each bidder must submit a deposit equal to the greater of $100,000 or 10% of the bid price. In the event the bidder's aggregate bid is less than $100,000, the minimum deposit shall be not less than fifty percent (50%) of the bidder's aggregate bid. HUD will evaluate the bids submitted and determine the successful bids in its sole and absolute discretion. If a bidder is successful, the bidder's deposit will be non-refundable and will be applied toward the purchase price. Deposits will be returned to unsuccessful bidders. Closings are scheduled to occur between December 21, 2011 and January 6, 2012.
These are the essential terms of sale. The Loan Sale Agreement, which will be included in the BIP, will contain additional terms and details. To ensure a competitive bidding process, the terms of the bidding process and the Loan Sale Agreement are not subject to negotiation.
Due Diligence Review
The BIP will describe the due diligence process for reviewing loan files in MHLS 2012-1. Qualified bidders will be able to access loan information remotely via a high-speed Internet connection. Further information on performing due diligence review of the Mortgage Loans will be provided in the BIP.
Mortgage Loan Sale Policy
HUD reserves the right to add Mortgage Loans to or delete Mortgage Loans from MHLS 2012-1 at any time prior to the Award Date. HUD also reserves the right to reject any and all bids, in whole or in part, without prejudice to HUD's right to include any Mortgage Loans in a later sale. Mortgage Loans will not be withdrawn after the Award Date except as is specifically provided in the Loan Sale Agreement.
This is a sale of unsubsidized mortgage loans, pursuant to Section 204(a) of the Departments of Veterans Affairs and Housing and Urban Development, and Independent Agencies Appropriations Act of 1997, 12 U.S.C. 1715z-11a(a).
Mortgage Loan Sale Procedure
HUD selected a competitive sale as the method to sell the Mortgage Loans. This method of sale optimizes HUD's return on the sale of these Mortgage Loans, affords the greatest opportunity for all qualified bidders to bid on the Mortgage Loans, and provides the quickest and most efficient vehicle for HUD to dispose of the Mortgage Loans.
In order to bid in the sale, a prospective bidder must complete, execute and submit both a Confidentiality Agreement and a Qualification Statement acceptable to HUD. The following individuals and entities are ineligible to bid on any of the Mortgage Loans included in MHLS 2012-1:
1. Any employee of HUD, a member of such employee's household, or an entity owned or controlled by any such employee or member of such an employee's household;
2. Any individual or entity that is debarred, suspended, or excluded from doing business with HUD pursuant to Title 24 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Part 24, and Title 2 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Part 2424;
3. Any contractor, subcontractor and/or consultant or advisor (including any agent, employee, partner, director, principal or affiliate of any of the foregoing) who performed services for, or on behalf of, HUD in connection with MHLS 2012-1;
4. Any individual who was a principal, partner, director, agent or employee of any entity or individual described in subparagraph 3 above, at any time during which the entity or individual performed services for or on behalf of HUD in connection with MHLS 2012-1;
5. Any individual or entity that uses the services, directly or indirectly, of any person or entity ineligible under subparagraphs 1 through 4 above to assist in preparing any of its bids on the Mortgage Loans;
6. Any individual or entity which employs or uses the services of an employee of HUD (other than in such employee's official capacity) who is involved in MHLS 2012-1;
7. Any affiliate, principal or employee of any person or entity that, within the two-year period prior to December 1, 2011, serviced any of the Mortgage Loans or performed other services for or on behalf of HUD;Start Printed Page 71595
8. Any contractor or subcontractor to HUD that otherwise had access to information concerning the Mortgage Loans on behalf of HUD or provided services to any person or entity which, within the two-year period prior to December 1, 2011, had access to information with respect to the Mortgage Loans on behalf of HUD;
9. Any employee, officer, director or any other person that provides or will provide services to the potential bidder with respect to such Mortgage Loans during any warranty period established for the Loan Sale, that (x) serviced any of the Mortgage Loans or performed other services for or on behalf of HUD or (y) within the two-year period prior to December 1, 2011, provided services to any person or entity which serviced, performed services or otherwise had access to information with respect to the Mortgage Loans for or on behalf of HUD;
10. Any mortgagor or operator that failed to submit to HUD on or before November 30, 2011, audited financial statements for fiscal years 2007 through 2010 (for such time as the project has been in operation or the prospective bidder served as operator, if less than three (3) years) for a project securing a Mortgage Loan;
11. Any individual or entity and any Related Party (as such term is defined in the Qualification Statement) of such individual or entity that is a mortgagor in any of HUD's multifamily and/or healthcare housing programs and that is in default under such mortgage loan or is in violation of any regulatory or business agreements with HUD, unless such default or violation is cured on or before November 30, 2011;
Prospective bidders should carefully review the Qualification Statement to determine whether they are eligible to submit bids on the Mortgage Loans in MHLS 2012-1.
Freedom of Information Act Requests
HUD reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disclose information regarding MHLS 2012-1, including, but not limited to, the identity of any successful bidder and its bid price or bid percentage for any pool of loans or individual loan, upon the closing of the sale of all the Mortgage Loans. Even if HUD elects not to publicly disclose any information relating to MHLS 2012-1, HUD will have the right to disclose any information that HUD is obligated to disclose pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act and all regulations promulgated thereunder.
Scope of Notice
This notice applies to MHLS 2012-1 and does not establish HUD's policy for the sale of other mortgage loans.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: November 14, 2011.
Carol J. Galante,
Acting Assistant Secretary for Housing—Federal Housing Commissioner.
[FR Doc. 2011-29920 Filed 11-17-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4210-67-P