* * * * *
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on August 24, 2011 at 76 FR 52961, allowing for a 60-day public comment period. USCIS received two comments in connection with that notice, which informed the public that USCIS will be requesting revision of this information collection.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until December 22, 2011. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) USCIS Desk Officer. Comments may be submitted to: USCIS, Chief, Regulatory Products Division, Office of the Executive Secretariat, Clearance Office, 20 Massachusetts Avenue, Washington, DC 20529-2020. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to (202) 272-0997 or via email at email@example.com, and to the OMB USCIS Desk Officer via facsimile at (202) 395-5806 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not submit requests for individual case status inquiries to these addresses. If you are seeking information about the status of your individual case, please check “My Case Status” online at https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard, or call the USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 (TTY 1 (800) 767-1833).
When submitting comments by email please make sure to add OMB Control Number 1615-0078 in the subject box. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Revision of an existing information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Application to File Declaration of Intention.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form N-300; U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. Form N-300 will be used by permanent residents to file a declaration of intention to become a citizen of the United States. This collection is also used to satisfy documentary requirements for those seeking to work in certain occupations Start Printed Page 72210or professions, or to obtain various licenses.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 85 responses at .75 hours (45 minutes) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 64 annual burden hours.
If you need a copy of the information collection instrument, please visit the Web site at: http://www.regulations.gov/.
We may also be contacted at: USCIS, Regulatory Products Division, Office of the Executive Secretariat, 20 Massachusetts Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20529-2020, Telephone number (202) 272-8377.
Dated: November 15, 2011.
Chief, Regulatory Products Division, Office of the Executive Secretariat, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. 2011-29915 Filed 11-21-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-97-P